• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco Owner

lowder

Loc.
Wilsonville, OR
I just picked up a '77 Bronco. I've been looking on and off for almost a year. I joined the forums back then, but this is my first post.

I can't sleep for thinking about all the mods I want to make. First, it needs some help. Steering has problems, engine/carb needs some tuning.

1977 302 auto PS PB PW 3 1/2" James Duff suspension 3" body 35x12.50 9000lbs warn 6pt roll cage.

I uploaded some photos to the gallery, let me know what you think.....

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
Welcome. It looks like you are already 2 steps ahead of the game that is one good looking Rig. You did real good. I wish mine had been in that good of shape when i got it. Yours looks ready to just enjoy. It never hurts to upgrade just for the fun of it whether you need it or not.

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
OK you are a lucky first purchaser! NO FAIR!

Welcome to the addictions....family....whatever!

YOu have a great rig to start with!!!!!!

Why don't you tell us what you really want to do to start modding it? Can I suggest you NOT INSTALLING THOSE GAUGES!!!!!

We can help you get a much more "Bronco-esque" installation instead of them!!!!!!

Welcome!

Bill (aka MnkyBiz)

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Very nice looking rig and welcome aboard !

Attachments

• Blue Bronco.jpg
    Blue Bronco.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 85

YelloTx73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Katy/Galveston, TX
raleigh_bronco said:
man that rig looks sweet. where did your rear wheel wells go? :eek:

:eek: I never noticed that until you pointed it out. You gotta show us some more pics of that, never ever seen a bronco with no wheel wells before ;D Oh yeah, nice find too by the way

Attachments

• 10179cargo-med.jpg
    10179cargo-med.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 74
OP
OP
lowder

lowder

Loc.
Wilsonville, OR
Thanks guys. I didn't put enough thought into the name of the thread. I suppose it's mis-leading. I actually bought a '69 bronco 10 years ago. Sold it after two weeks and felt damn lucky to only lose $300! I was in way over my head. I also had an '86 bronco II for 5 or 6 years in there (the whole time dreaming about an EB). Anyway, reading the boards here and knowing how much work an older vehicle needs I thougt I better start with something that can already make it down the road.

I'm not sure what's up with those wheel wells. Strange and I was so excited I never did get around to asking the previous owner about them. The gauges came with the bronco, along with a soft top and 36" swampers. The gauges are definetly out. Talk about looking out of place...

As far as mods go, de-modification may be more accurate. I'm going to take the body lift out and downsize the tires. I'll be on the highway with this about 80% of the time and hunting I drive under fallen trees about as often as I drive over, so I'd rather not sit up so high.

It has a detroit locker in the rear w/ 4.56 gears and a true trac in the front. I suppose I shouldn't downsize the tires until I can replace the gears. I'll be back asking lots of questions when I get to that point.

Thanks again...

thesnake

Bronco Guru
Very nice ride!!! I've never ran across a 77 yet. First 76 I had a chance to buy I did. Great Score!!! And Welcome!!!

OP
OP
lowder

lowder

Loc.
Wilsonville, OR
Thanks, I feel lucky to have found a '77. Anything newer than '72 has to pass DEQ here in portland, so I was mainly looking for something older. I just couldn't pass it up. It already has catalytic converters so I'm hoping it passes. I thought about running it through DEQ first, but the tags are good for two more years. I'm hoping by then I know enough about carbs that I can adjust it lean enough to pass....

D