• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ADMIN New forum software - Where is everything now?

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
So now that the new forum software is finally up and running, I'm sure there will be questions about where things are. I tried very hard to keep the look of the new forums very similar to the old in order to avoid too much confusion. But there are certainly some features that are new or have been moved around.

NOTE: for a list of new features please click here.

How to edit my personal preferences?

One of the first questions may be how to get to your settings. Look near the upper right of the forums and you will see your username (provided that you're logged in). Click your username and a dropdown menu will show up with several links. This is how you get to all your personal settings including email, password, notification settings, your signature, avatar, etc.

1639082079774.png

Why does my avatar look blurry or just have a letter?

The avatar sizes in the new forum are a bit different than the old. So old existing avatars may now appear stretched or blurry. If your avatar is just a letter it means you didn't have an avatar image before. The new software automatically gives you a letter and color based on your username.

To change your avatar just click on your username in the upper right, then hover over your avatar, then click "edit". A window will pop up and you can either upload your own avatar or select from some preloaded ones.

1639096577162.png 1639096609995.png

I don't see anyone's signatures?

There is a setting your preferences to show or not show signatures, but it's just as likely that you are viewing the forum on your phone. The new forum automatically adjusts for smaller screen sizes. And at smaller sizes it will declutter the screen by hiding non-essential info. Signatures are one of those things that gets hidden.

But here's how you can turn on/off signatures for larger screens, like your computer or tablet.

1639096888729.png

Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Jon, where's the big discussion about the new forum features? Have a couple of questions.
Just in case, first question is regarding the smilies button. Is it on purpose that it only allows one smiley at a time? If you click on multiples, it throws all subsequent smiley faces at the end of the post. And I don't see how they can be cut-n-pasted elsewhere, so I end up deleting them and re-posting one at a time.
Second, I don't see a quick link to "threads started by" and the "posts by" searches that used to be accessed by clicking on the username or avatar? I know it can still get similar info from the advanced search, but wasn't there a 1-click kind of thing before?

Thanks

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Is it on purpose that it only allows one smiley at a time? If you click on multiples, it throws all subsequent smiley faces at the end of the post.
Testing multiple smileys. :);):(:mad:

They seem to work OK. :cool::oops:(y)<--- testing now inserting multiples by going back to earlier text. Still seems to work.

Testing copying and pasting...:);):(:mad: <--- That also works, but it posts the characters instead of showing the smileys. But when you finish the reply the characters convert to smileys.

1646501514257.png

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Paul, the multiple smileys seem to work fine from my desktop. Are you having these issues using your computer. tablet or phone?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Jon. For sure my phone, but I think from my desktop as well.
Perhaps it’s because sometimes I do it after I’ve added my name to the bottom and then I go back to the sentence I want to insert the smiley in. I’m going to try it here ;););)

Paul

Well that seemed to work. I’ll try it on my desktop in a little while.
Thanks

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oh, and previously it was only when using the forum smiley‘s. When I’m on my phone I typically use the ones from the phone keyboard and those don’t have any problems.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Second, I don't see a quick link to "threads started by" and the "posts by" searches that used to be accessed by clicking on the username or avatar? I know it can still get similar info from the advanced search, but wasn't there a 1-click kind of thing before?
It's true that it's not as easy to find the "threads started by" link as it used to be.

Clicking on someone's avatar and then clicking "messages" will take you to all posts and threads by that person.
1646502272563.png

But to see only "threads started by someone it takes a few more clicks.

Click their avatar, click the avatar a 2nd time to go to their "Profile Page". Then click the "Find" dropdown menu and click "Find all threads"

1646502444818.png

I'll see if there's a quicker way to get to this info.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks! Oh that would be nice, but with your additional instructions I shouldn’t have too much trouble finding what I need. As long as I can remember your instructions!
I didn’t even remember about the click twice move.

And apparently I’m still getting used to the names because I saw the messages, but was thinking that was private messages. When those are actually conversations. Still getting used to the verbiage.