• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Here , any tips welcome.

Ry69ATX

I am a Bronco owner in Austin, TX. First time posting here, and that is because I am finally getting into my 69 bronco. I have a full time job and live in an apartment so working on it is hard to come by. But I am doing more and more work on it every day. Sorry for blasting this here. Don't be obliged to answer all but would love to hear what has worked for everyone. Just put the number down for what you can help me with.

For color, I have a 69 bronco , 302 V8 3 on the tree. It seems to run a bit rich, maybe too much choke or carb needs to be cleaned. or should i get a new carb?

1. What would you say is the #1 piece of preventative maintenance?
2. Do you recommend rhinolining? Or carpet?
3. Any recommendations on hard tops/half tops/bikini tops? I have a hard top but in storage. PS if anyone needs one.

Also sorry if this is the wrong forum for this. Am new, but glad to be a part of community

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What carb do you have?

Welcome aboard!! You will find this forum to be probably the nicest and most informational one around.

slim811

Contributor
Blast away! Welcome, original half tops/halfcabs are rare or even aftermarket halfcabs can be pricey. Bikini top for summer is an inexpensive option, does yours have a rollbar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Ry69ATX

Thank you. Much Appreciated.

I do have a roll bar, I am rocking the convertible for time being.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Welcome!

I would suggest going to Mike's Carburetor site and buying a rebuild kit for what I'm guessing is your 2 barrel carb. Kits are $20-$30, come with instructions, he even has videos, if not on his site they're on youtube. Best of all, you can rebuild it right there on your apartment's kitchen table.

http://www.carburetor-parts.com/

Have fun, be safe and don't rely on the 3 on the tree to be your only anti theft device!

chuckyb

Contributor
Welcome! I am pretty new here also. My tip would be to utilize the search and advanced search features on the site to look up whatever is on your mind. No doubt you will find that many others have had the same or similar questions as you and encountered the same problems. The wealth of knowledge and enthusiasm for the EB is incredible here!

cldonley

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Robinson, TX
Welcome to the obsession! I'm doing herculiner on mine (cuz I'm cheap) primarily because I don't want to clean carpet. When I bought my 69 the po had a new carpet kit ready to install...I sold it to a member on here. I think it depends on your intended use.

If your truck has done a lot of sitting, then the carb probably does need freshening up, and a kit and videos mentioned above are great.

Might be interested in your hard top...mine is not in great shape.

Oh, and spend the $12 and become a contributor. You can post pics and help support the best forum on the planet!

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Battery and charging is the item that is most often my issues, so double check to make sure things at good. Good cables, grounds, battery, etc.

Welcome to the obsession.

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
#1 maintenance item is to check your brakes, steering and any other safety items. Belts hoses and other rubber parts should also be looked at to improve reliability. Welcome aboard. A treasure trove of knowledge here for sure. Become a contributor and post some pics.

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
I have a 69 as well. I am in DFW as well. As others stated might want to rebuild your carb. This is the best place on the net for Bronco info. People on here know what they are talking about because most of them have done it. Also might want to look at joining http://lebc.clubexpress.com/
Lone Star Bronco Club. Welcome aboard. Now how about some pics?

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome to the best eb community! I just recently moved from outside of San Antonio and cant wait till I retire and move back to the hill country, hopefully Dripping Springs. If you get a chance, ride out to BC Broncos and meet Jason. As mentioned above, the Lone Star Bronco Club is a must, great folks!

TX1968

I started with rebuilding my carb, then went straight to the suspension. There is nothing worse the getting the death wobble.

Casey4wd

Loc.
Austin, Texas
Welcome! I am in Austin as well (just south of downtown). While I have a garage, my restoration/restomod project consumes more space than my garage.

Good luck with the bronco and look forward to seeing it around town sometime.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Welcome. Become a contributor so you can post pictures. Best money you can spend on your Bronco. Posting pictures lets us see what your up against. Helps us to help you.

If you have your factory stock bronco 2 barrel carb never let it go. Used rebuilt carbs you buy from a re-builder will not have the correct parts your stock Bronco carb has.

RADO

Loc.
Phoenix
Response to #2

I personally like the interior floor raptor lined especially if the interior paint looks worn and you run the bronco topless. You just want to make sure to remove all rust and prep existing paint prior to applying. Carpet is always an option down the road...

Welcome!