• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New member and possible bronco owner

longshot454

Hey guys just wanted to get some info before i decided to buy my firsts EB. Its a 68 lifted with a 3 1/2 wildhorses lift with 33x12.5 tires not sure on gearing. 3 speed auto with hurst flour shifter D20 transfer case dont knwo if its J or H i cant tell by fooling with it cause i think its in need of a rebuild. 351w motor with power steering. It does of a very small oil leak and trans leak (probably new Gaskets are all it needs) new uppolstry on the seats. Now here is what i know it needs it needs new sending units for the fuel tanks as well as probably a new fuel pump. here are my questions for 4000 dollars is it a good deal there isnt any major rust just some slight surface rust that can be sanded out also the interior is in good shape the floor boards are not rusted though but would like your opion on weather or not its a good deal. thanks in advance

Tim.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Welcome
$4K should be a good deal considering the almost no rust just check it over real good. Hard top tell what T case you have as it could have been swapped but a 68 should have a T shift case meaning if you push straight to the dash thats 4 lo next spot back is neutral next is 2 hi and all the way to the rear is 4 hi. The 351 and lift are a bonus but I would definetely look at the body real good unless you dont care about rust. Also while not as big a deal check the VIN tag in the glove box you should be able to check the axle code or at least what it came with. But the current owner should know. Also the front axle may be a D30 (king pin Knuckles)if its stock. If it has ball joint then they swapped in a D44 another bonus.
Anyway you look at it 4K for a fairly rust free EB with a 351W and 3.5in lift is a good deal

OP
OP
L

longshot454

Its deffently a D30 axle after playing around with the t-case im assuming its j cause when i shift it its a revers J pattern as for the rus i meen its not completley free but nothing thats eaten though the metal just surface stuff tahnks for the info guys if i do get it i plan on doing the D44 swap and disk brakes amoung other things i have been reading these forums for the last week you guys make me want to spend more and more money lol thanks again.

Tim

P.S. whos the guy i read who is a roving mechanic maybe i could get you to come look at it for me and tell me what you think is up with it. thanks.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. If you are in cali that is where the mobil mechanic is located (73stallion).