• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Part

chuck489

Loc.
Dahlonega, GA
Is this open on the top? I am just curious about the wind catching it if you are driving with the top off. I really like this product and would like to purchase one after X-mas.
I am also curious if the new side visors will fit under the box? Anyone know? I don't know how much those articulate.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Dogdare, yes that is our top in the last picture. We include a diff. drop bracket that gets the wiper in the best place as low as possible for the motor to clear the soft top but still be high enough to clear the cover. The wiper motor is how we ended up making the cover. You can't run the lower bracket and the stock cover without cutting a hole in the cover for the motor.
Chuck489, yes the top is open. We made it that way so you can reach over the top and adjust the amp with the hard or soft top installed. We see the need to have a cover for those that do not run a top at all. We are looking into a ABS cover right now that we will make optional for those that do not run any top.
Ethansdad73, the monitor would be great for a rear view mirror, I am not sure it would be legal but as you can see in the picture it will show what is behind you. With a switch you could put several cameras around like one looking back for rear view plus one looking down in the back and one looking down in the front for parking or rock crawling. Just thinking as cameras are cheap.

Last edited:

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
very, very cool innovation....think i need one

Dogdare

Thanks for all the pics and answers guys. One last question.

does the bottom of the consoles actually slope downward a bit, I assume to help clear the wiper motor? Seems like it might dip into the driver's site-line a little.

Herb

Last edited:

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
It does sloop just a little but not as much as it looks in the picture. The bottom just clears the wiper arm so that area is the same as a stock cover. The lowest part is above the horizontal line of the windshield rubber.

PhantomEB

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta
I likey, will be sure to measure up my crossbar clearance to see if this works for me!

Edit, got 7" of clearance, but more would rather satellite radio for way more selection in music. Is this possible with that amp?

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
so silly question the amp instals elsewhere? ... nope answered my own questions again.. in the cover... thanks

Dogdare

Chuck,

Already placed an order for this, but was wondering about speakers. Looks like 5.25" speakers just fit, and I'm thinking 4" x 6" would probably fit, but will just about any reasonable depth speakers of that size fit?

thanks,
Herb

MartyG

Bronco Guru
Chuck...mind me asking what one would be with the speaker holes only...no speakers? I don't need an amp...got one already. Thanks!

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Sorry for the delay. The part number is 75-00093, the price is $99.99. It's blank so you can put the speeker holes where ever you want them.

BigPrince

Loc.
Atlanta
I think I read somewhere that the top of this cover was open? But you were working on a top for it? Just wanted to see if that were true and if so, if a cover has been incorporated into the design?
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a cover but I want to be able to run it with the top off and not worry about being a rain bucket - especially if I go with a model that has electronics in it.

Thanks!

78Scronco

Bronco Guru
I have it, but have not installed it yet. It DOES have an open top. I plan on bolting a top plate to it to cover it up as well.

Duke Nukem

Loc.
Simi Valley
That's a real nice product. Damn you, now I feel compelled to buy one. It might be time to have a conversation with the Department of War and Peace (my wife).

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk