• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New shoes!!! 35's w/ 3.5" lift, 1 more picture

OP
OP
O

OsideDave

On topic ?s - whats your overall opinion of these tires? Ive heard they are really good for street and offroad. I really like them and have been debating on them. was thinking 33s but now leaning towards 35s with my 3.5 lift except i will assume my eb has stock gears. Have you had them on the hwy at a decent speed yet? how are the 4.56 gears?

Off topic, I really like how you covered your vents on your hood. nice...

I have now had them on the streets and hwy for approx 50 miles and 15 or so offroad miles. Nice on the street/hwy, not much noise at all, seems quieter than my old BFG mud terrains, handles fine although my bronco could use a little front end work to make it handle better.

Aired them down to 14 psi yesterday and I was impressed with their traction on the terrain we encountered. Mostly hardpack dirt with lots of deep ruts, some loose sections, hill climbs, and we did climb a few rock walls. Really gripped well on the rocks - super impressed with that, i went up a wall with no issues that a lot guys were struggling - of course they were not in Broncos so that was likely the problem ;D. For the first time airing them down I didnt want to go too low but now feel ok to go to my normal 11-12 psi. I would recommend them to anyone that takes their bronco out wheelin, for more of street bronco then I would consider something different. For example my F150 is 4x4 but when it comes time to get tires for it I will go with an all terrain type tire.

yjzonie

Loc.
Scottsdale, AZ
These tires are awesome in every aspect. I've wheeled them from light trails to class 4 rocks and drove from Phoenix to San Diego and back, no issues at all. Wear is very little and no chunking of tread. I air down to 13 osi all the time. I hav'nt tried them in the sand yet, mainly becuase I don't much like the sand. Enjoy the shoes Dave, they will get you where you need to be...

matt w

Bronco Guru
Finally after 16 years of running the same tires I bought some new 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2s. Could find much locally to flex it out but here's what it looks like. Pretty happy and it looks way better than prior tires. ;D

Looks good! Man I have a 3 1/2 inch lift that flexes pretty cool for my needs. I am running 33's. I would love to run 35's with my 3 1/2 but man I would tear that rubber up!....Truly you have a saweet rig!