• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Wild Horses hood pics

ROKDWLR

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stockton, Ca.
I stopped by WH yesterday to pick up more parts for my rebuild (crash repair). While there I took a few pics of their new hood with my cell phone. Sorry for the poor quality. It was not mounted yet and still needed the hood pins drilled but here it is. I was going to get the GTX hood but this will now be my next hood. They should have them in stock in the next couple weeks.

Attachments

• 0104071512.jpg
    0104071512.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 186
  • 0104071512a.jpg
    0104071512a.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 210
  • 0104071513.jpg
    0104071513.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 193

bigpappa

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gardendale Al
Is it a functional ram air? That would be awesome if it was!!!! Looks like it is not but I figured I would ask.

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
bigpappa said:
Is it a functional ram air? That would be awesome if it was!!!! Looks like it is not but I figured I would ask.

Looks like it would be if you cut out the openings which you have to do on all FG hoods anyway. I was almost set to go buy the new Highlander hood to replace my old K-bar-S hood but I like to the looks of that new hood as well. I may have to drive over there and check it out in person.
Thanks for sharing!

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I was close to buying a Highlander myself but was still a little concerned about clearance for my air cleaner.....Do you know if this one has any more clearance than the highlander?

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Posting the spy photos, I like it. ;D That's great looking hood! Kudos to Jim!

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Great looking hood!!

You know, I dont need this kind of bad influence. How much can I get for a pristine stock hood?? Crap, I keep forgetting that its already at the media blast shop....dddoooohhh! Looks great though.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Lots of Ooooohs and AAAAaaahs from this feller here. I love the Highlander hood but this one is like the Evil Highlander, more of the Sean Connery sort. ;D BTW Best Movie Ever. Well maybe not ever but it was goood.

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
trailpsycho said:
Great looking hood!!

You know, I dont need this kind of bad influence. How much can I get for a pristine stock hood?? Crap, I keep forgetting that its already at the media blast shop....dddoooohhh! Looks great though.

Did'nt you get a pretty good deal on a pristine stock hood;D

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
broncolove said:
Did'nt you get a pretty good deal on a pristine stock hood;D

Yeah, thats the one in question. All of my junk is at the powder coater or the media blaster, so its moving forward...hopefully I will be one the road by late spring.

Speaking of deal, I wonder how you came out on that tub??!! It was sold within 24 hours...I kicked myself for a week. BTW, I need to talk to you about some SS tubes for my Wrappers...keep an eye out for a PM.