• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

newbie here

stealthcammo1

My father are putting the 5.5 monster kit on his 72' bronco and i need alittle help on the mounting locations for the radius arms. if anyone has this kit could they please post pictures of thier mounting points and if anyone has anymore pictures of the kit installed please post them.

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
Welcome to te board!
Remind me which vendor sells the monster kit?
Oh thats right JD.
Did they not provide instructions on where to mount the brackets?
I'm sure if you gave Suzy a call she could get those #'s for you.
Might be a good time to push the front axle forward 1.5" too.

Jungleboy

Loc.
Clear Lake / Houston
Mine are part # 5350 and were purchased back in 2004. Not sure if the arms have changed since then. My instructions read;

"7. With the stock bracket removed measure back horizontally 10.25" from center of the stock bracket-mounting hole. (The threaded 1/2" bolt hole on the outside frame.) This marks the position of the center of the 1" hole in the new bracket."

"8. Based off the measurement in step 7 slide the frame-mounting bracket into place. Mark the three mounting holes for drilling. Remove the bracket and drill the three mounting holes in the frame. It's best to start with a 1/4" pilot drill and then progess up to the 1/2" size. Drill these holes all the way through the frame. CAUTION: Watch for brake lines, fuel lines and other possible items that may be on the other side of the frame."

James Duff Instructions #5350C 11/03

Probably best to check with Duff in case things have changed. If your having a problem making contact or can't wait to Monday I can scan and send a PM with what I have.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

stealthcammo1

i will double check with the paper work we have but im pretty sure thats what i was lookin for. thank you for all of you help. my dads loves this bronco and i would hate to ruin it.

jduffent

Sponsor/Vendor
Sorry, a little late here. Was out of the office... Nope, instructions haven't changed on that at all. Pretty soon you'll be able to download the instructions in PDF form off the site. Thanks for the typing jungleboy! ;) If you need any pics let me know.

Suzy