• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Newbie introducing himself

LeSpade

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
Howdy gents! I am no longer an EB virgin. I just bought a '71 in San Antonio a couple of weeks ago. It has a 302, dana 44, and someone had put in a floor shift auto trans. The engine and tranny are recently rebuilt. Looks like the bushings in the front and rear suspension are shot. It has a lift but the old man had no idea how big of a lift. Any ideas how to tell? I know the block in the back was two inches but that's about all I know. I did figure out after nights of reading on the site that he must have replaced the driver's side rear panel because it has the fuel tank doors and I believe those only came on the 77's? The body is decent. The floor already has had some patching done. The rockers have been replaced. The top is in decent condition. The tires and wheels were shot so my first expense was Pro Comp 33's with some flat black wheels. Next, I am thinking Centech wiring harness or the 14 piece bushing set. I am hoping to at least have it inspected and on the road by Memorial Day Weekend but we will see. I appreciate all of the advice and tech info that you more wise gents can spare. Tom

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Welcome to the site and good luck with your new Bronco! Let's see some pictures, we LOVE pictures on here! ;D

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Welcome to the addiction errrr the site, yea the site. lots of great guys here with a wealth of knowledge. Enjoy your stay.

Bronco ProTip #1- Get a secret bank account for your purchases!

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
Welcome aboard, become a contributer so you can post pics only 12 bucks a year and it helps out this site. Also scroll to the bottom of this page and vote for this site, you can do it everyday.

Banjer Picker

Bronco Guru
Welcome aboard! Lots of great folks on here!! If ur up in Dallas look some of DFW guys up.

Adarcy

Welcome to the addiction errrr the site, yea the site. lots of great guys here with a wealth of knowledge. Enjoy your stay.

Bronco ProTip #1- Get a secret bank account for your purchases!

That is awesome! And extremely good advice

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Welcome to here and goodbye to your bank acc.;)

X3 on vote;D

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
My cousin had a '71 with a '77 body on it wen't out your way several yrs ago.I was just wondering outloud here,there isn't a poem (call of the wild) written on the glove box door is there?

Just a thought....longshot tooo.....

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
The obsession doesn't stop with the purchase of an EB....Soon you will be cruising the toy stores for diecasts and have a special drawer for your Bronco Tee shirts. Hell I even have a Bronco shovel.
Welcome. And the pics are?....%)

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Howdy gents! I am no longer an EB virgin...

Welcome Tom. We're all glad, I'm sure, that you finally got laid. :eek:

Hold on for the ride, and help us by voting EVERY DAY by clicking on that link at the bottom of every page. It looks like this

We're dang close to taking the #1 position BACK again in this pesky little turf war we got going on with WeGotMud. ;D