• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

GA Newbie wanting advice/VIN/frame etc

jwt73

City: Tifton
Hello all,
I am looking for a frame/VIN/glovebox etc. Please let me know what you guys have. I am located in South Georgia.

I am new to this forum, and I have purchased a 1973 Bronco that my intention was to restore for ME, however I paid 26K for it, and it is a running and diving bronco, with a decent body/scale on frame (no rot) and some poorly repaired floor pans. I wanted to really make it a sweet road vehicle and I started thinking about hydro boost brakes/duff suspension/coyote swap/auto trans and custom interior etc and then likely get a Dennis Carpenter body, because the amount of body work it would need to make it nearly perfect to repaint would cost close to the cost of a new body, and it would not be as perfect. So then I started thinking about just driving the bronco as is, because people always comment on how nice it is (on the surface).
So my plan at this point is to find a frame/VIN, and do exactly as mentioned above, and then sell this bronco when all work is completed.
Any advice from you guys would be greatly appreciated.
Jonathan
PS long post sorry.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
So, let me get this straight.......you want to buy a frame with matching title (VIN?) and build a Bronco from scratch while you drive your current '73??

At least that is how I interpret your post.

If so, I personally can't help but just trying to get clarification for someone else who might be able to help.

OP
OP
jwt73

jwt73

So, let me get this straight.......you want to buy a frame with matching title (VIN?) and build a Bronco from scratch while you drive your current '73??

At least that is how I interpret your post.

If so, I personally can't help but just trying to get clarification for someone else who might be able to help.
That is kinda what I was thinking depending on cost. I just hate the idea of discarding a good frame/body because it is in really decent condition. I thought that if I was able to buy the appropriate numbers, then I could secure a Kincher frame and a carpenter body, and basically build the bronco from the ground up with new parts, and then sell off my current one.
Maybe I should just fix the 1973 and not worry about it. I am just looking for options/ideas as people may give good advice and come up with a better plan than what I already have.
JWT

Nuke

What's your "all in" budget? To start with just a frame, its going to be a lot, $50, probably closer to $75k. Then if you do a coyote (which I don't think is needed for an EB), you will need over $100k.

If you current body is a good as you describe it, I would stick with it.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Pics of your '73 would help others decide on what your best course to follow may be. Lots of guys who have experience building/repairing Broncos on this site.

awest5321

Contributor
Loc.
Exit 79 on I85
I have a frame and glovebox door to match but it is in poor shape. Front bumper was cut off with torch, heavy plate steel bumper welded to rear. Located in Lanett, AL. Let me know and I will send pictures.

katarver

I have a frame and glovebox door to match but it is in poor shape. Front bumper was cut off with torch, heavy plate steel bumper welded to rear. Located in Lanett, AL. Let me know and I will send pictures.
Hi I’m in South Georgia as well. Do you still have this frame and glove box?

1971 sport

What year is your title?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk