• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Newby Questions

saltydawg

Folks,

I am very interested in becoming a Bronco owner. I want an early version that is uncut and mostly original, but reliable. What should I be looking for? Any particular years to focus on or staqy away from? Any really serious issues - other than the usual old car issues - to worry about?

I'm a pretty knowledgable car guy, but just learning early broncos.

Thanks!

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
All years of the bronco are great. The most desirable would be a 76 or 77. They had powersteering, power disc brakes, and automatics all as options. But you can find this on almost any year because the trucks are often upgraded. The biggest thing is to get the truck with the least amount of rust!!! Rust will eat more time and money than any other bronco problem!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Look for later years with auto, ps, pb.... WELCOME to our world, you'll love it. Just gotta be patient in your search, the right one will come along. Every year is a good one to have though... ;) One of each year preferrably, ha ha.. JK

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
example of an uncut unlifted 77

http://s1010.photobucket.com/albums/af224/lonesouth/77 Uncut/

IMG_0071Large.jpg

22213evl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rio Rancho N.M.
see in that last pic ( no fuel caps sticking out the side,) the only year I'ts like that sweet smooth lines yes we all love our paticular years but the 77 is the best.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes it is, but its on the block...Let me know if you want to stop by and take a look.

Slim

Loc.
Costa Mesa
Folks,

I am very interested in becoming a Bronco owner. I want an early version that is uncut and mostly original, but reliable. What should I be looking for? Any particular years to focus on or staqy away from? Any really serious issues - other than the usual old car issues - to worry about?

I'm a pretty knowledgable car guy, but just learning early broncos.

Thanks!

What state do you live in? If you are in Calif I'd only go with '75 and older so you don't have to deal with the smog nazis around here.