• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

non-ethanol gas website

nobodysfool

Loc.
wheatfield,new york
found this site yesterday on where to get non-ethanol gas www.pure-gas.org.i put in nys and found a few close by.went and filled my 05 super duty 3.94 a gal and noticed a difference right away.smoother idle, throttle response.91oct the mach1 and the bronco should enjoy it to.......

jetdoc

Loc.
Horn Lake
Great info..found a station not to far from me..I'll post price after I get some. Thanks

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
91 oct doesnt mean it will run better. Most broncos have fairly low compression ratios so the lower the octane the more power that is made. if you have issues with pinging the yes higher octane is good. EFI engines can adjust for different octane. A lot will run better as they tend to run leaner anyway.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have also seen boat dock areas with no ethanol gas if you have one locally it may be an option.

In our area, if a marina cannot advertise that their fuel is ethanol-free, they might as well just stop selling fuel altogether. The marine industry as a whole has just had enough of the damage caused by ethanol.

That said..other than filling a carry can, there is no way to get marina gas pumped in to a wheeled vehicle..at least not at any of the marinas we frequent.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Ethanol gas kills mileage. On my recent trip to Michigan I was in mom's car which is E85. I used the normal 10% or less Ethanol for the trip up. Averaged 28.5, not bad. As we were leaving Traverse City I decided to do a little experiment, filled with E85, or 85% Ethanol, and away we went, after one tank I said no more, 21.4 highway.

So the 20 cents a gallon savings resulted in an overall higher fuel cost.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Just checked the site and as I guessed not a station in metro atlanta the is e-free!

70 Steed

Yup, the only ones in California are in the extreme northern part of the state.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Considering that 99% of the stations sell oxygenated fuel (most of which is required by law), I set up everything to run on the oxygenated fuels instead of searching like mad for some mythical gas station. Face it, it's here. I can get non-oxygenated gas locally, but not at the pump. And it costs almost as much as race gas.

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
We have numerous stations around selling ethanol free. A lot are 93 octane only, but a few selling all grades. You just have to be aware of where they are. The link posted is correct for my area at least. No real difference in price compared to ethanol enriched. It does run better in my vehicles enough to notice.

jetdoc

Loc.
Horn Lake
Finally went and found the station close to me. 93 @ 3.85 89 @ 3.72 and 87 @ 3.58 all were non-ethanol. Curious to see how it will effect my MPG