• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NOS dealer installed EB luggage roof racks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
A friend, of mine's (Hal) late grandfather owned a Ford dealership from 1953-1981. In cleaning out some of the parts left in the closed dealership recently (it closed in 1987 when a new dealership came to town and built a more modern showroom) he ran across several NOS dealer installed aftermarket (non-Ford) luggage racks that fit the '66-'77 Bronco. They are all in the original boxes, unopened with chrome mounts and roof slats (rubber gaskets included along with mounting hardware), aluminum rails (woodgrain side strips the can be peeled of if you want a shinier look)and aluminum center braces. They measure approximately 44"x50" and fit EBs perfectly.

Right now I do not know how many I can get my hands on, but he gave me one an it looks fantastic sitting on my top (uninstalled at this point till I get my top painted). The photo of it on my top appears that the right rear foot does not sit flat on the roof, however, there is a large dent on my top that makes the surface dip. As you can tell, all the other feet sit on the top and with the gaskets installed, it is a tight seal to the top. I have also included a photo of my former '76 Explorer with a similar (not the exact rack but the same general dimensions) rack so you can see how the dealers installed them. I hope this helps.

Now the good part, Hal told me he would sell the for $250 apiece once he knows just how many he has. Please PM me if you are seriously interested and I will make a list in PM order once I know the count. Shipping should not be more than $20 to most places in the U.S.

*UPDATE: I JUST FOUND OUT THAT HE HAS A MINIMUM OF (10) AND AS OF NOW, I HAVE SOLD (6). PLEASE PM ME IF YOU WANT ONE BEFORE THEY ARE GONE. IF I GET MORE, I WILL RE-LIST THEM AT A LATER DATE.

Here is a photo he sent me:

Attachments

• Roof rack_1.jpg
    Roof rack_1.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 328
  • Roof rack full view.jpg
    Roof rack full view.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 287
  • Super Celebration 2012 083.jpg
    Super Celebration 2012 083.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 263
  • Super Celebration 2012 085.jpg
    Super Celebration 2012 085.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

shado72

That's cool... I got a complete set in the original box a few years ago. With the original part# receipt.

Paid about the same shipped to Ca. From Tn.

Good find!

OP
OP
Mac2Night

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Bump.... Updated info.

It looks like i will have a minimum of (10) at this point, maybe a few more in the future if he finds them in his inventory. I have sold (6) already so i currently have (4) left. Pm me if interested.

OP
OP
Mac2Night

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
I was able to get (12) of the racks and (8) are confirmed sold.

Let me know if you might be interested before I list them on other sites or contact restoration companies. When will there ever be a chance to find a "dealer installed" NOS roof rack that is made to fit our beloved Broncos?

On the other hand, I have pulled the trigger on these and need to sell them to come out of this without being in the hole.

Like many of you out there, I love a nice rack as much as the next guy, but too many get hard to deal with!;D

OP
OP
Mac2Night

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
bump.

Only (2) racks left!!!!!!

Please let me know if you want one of these before I am forced to market them on Ebay or on an International Scout board.... :p

I may also have some to bring to this coming Spring's Super Celebration but really need to sell these last (2) before considering that (of course it all depends on whether or not I am able to get anymore past this lot of racks).

OP
OP
Mac2Night

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
The racks are in hand and I will start shipping them tomorrow and Thursday. All are sold, BUT I may have a small amount extra if they are found in the stock that is left.

I will keep you posted on the additional racks if I get any.

Mac

OP
OP
Mac2Night

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Good news. I heard from my friend tonight, he has (5) more for me if I have them sold in advance (otherwise he will list them on Jeep and Scout sites to move them).......please don't let this happen!!!! Let me know if you want one or more and tell all your EB friends! ;D

Mac

OP
OP
Mac2Night

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Bump to the top...

Good news. I heard from my friend tonight, he has (5) more for me if I have them sold in advance (otherwise he will list them on Jeep and Scout sites to move them).......please don't let this happen!!!! Let me know if you want one or more and tell all your EB friends! ;D

Mac

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
Got mine in the mail today. Looks sweet. Very happy with it. Just as advertised.

Just need my bronco back from paint so I can install it now :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 89
OP
OP
Mac2Night

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
They are coming soon guys! I should have them no later than Monday and will start shipping them out soon thereafter.

I got a really cool and RARE item from my buddy last night in the mail that I will be posting here in the part section, something many of us have never nor will ever see floating around for sale anywhere else...... curious now?????;D

Lucky enough to get my order in on 2nd lot. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.