• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Not a postal van but cool.

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
This is a really cool old photo of a police Bronco:<br><br>
6768police3.JPG

Broncobowsher

Total hack
A long time ago I saw a picture of a bronco tow truck. <br><br>It was a half cab with a wrecker boom in the back. That's what I want. Think of all the old Heeps I could move with it.

OP
OP
broncobsession

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
It says the van is a Ford Country Sedan in the picture, but I have no idea what a normal one look like.

DJM75

Loc.
Washougal
[quote author=OffRoadObsession link=board=5;threadid=12441;start=0#92655 date=1040252866]<br>cool 8) i wonder what that ambulance is? ?:?<br>[/quote]<br><br> It says right in the pic. "Ford Country Sedan"<br> Don

OffRoadObsession

Loc.
Frankston/Tyler, TX
[quote author=DJM75 link=board=5;threadid=12441;start=0#92670 date=1040253916]<br>[quote author=OffRoadObsession link=board=5;threadid=12441;start=0#92655 date=1040252866]<br>cool 8) i wonder what that ambulance is? ?:?<br>[/quote]<br><br> It says right in the pic. "Ford Country Sedan"<br> Don<br>[/quote]<br><br>OOOO thanks... there for a minute i thought i was blind.. ::)

YellowBronc

Bronco God
[quote author=Broncobowsher link=board=5;threadid=12441;start=0#92573 date=1040236896]<br>A long time ago I saw a picture of a bronco tow truck. <br><br>It was a half cab with a wrecker boom in the back. That's what I want. Think of all the old Heeps I could move with it.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Like this one?<br>
Wrecker.jpg
<br>

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
If you want to see a police bronco in color, rent the movie Radio Flyer. Towards the end there is a real sweet stock Sherriff's EB near the end. I really dig the bubble Gum lights.<br><br>Later,<br>Jason<br>

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
lol, very cool.. bet a stock factory cop bronc on ebay would go for like 50k

rick71

Loc.
Milwaukie,OR
[quote author=Broncobowsher link=board=5;threadid=12441;start=0#92573 date=1040236896]<br>A long time ago I saw a picture of a bronco tow truck. <br><br>It was a half cab with a wrecker boom in the back. That's what I want. Think of all the old Heeps I could move with it.<br>[/quote]Funny you say that.Look at the cop Bronco,He has a chain hooked up to something(A car)and is looking back at it.I'd say it's a Heep but the couple watching the cop do not look like Heep drivers ;D

Broncobowsher

Total hack
<br>Like this one?<br>
Wrecker.jpg
<br><br>
<br><br>NO!!!<br><br>What I say was a stock ½cab with the tailgate removed and a wrecker slid in. It was a Ford ad from the late 60's.

DPM77

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle, Washington
[quote author=YellowBronc link=board=5;threadid=12441;start=0#92690 date=1040255948]<br>[quote author=Broncobowsher link=board=5;threadid=12441;start=0#92573 date=1040236896]<br>A long time ago I saw a picture of a bronco tow truck. <br><br>It was a half cab with a wrecker boom in the back. That's what I want. Think of all the old Heeps I could move with it.<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>Like this one?<br>
Wrecker.jpg
<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>Hey, that's cool yellowBronc, looks like they shortened up that wheelbase. Its a Stubby Bronco Wrecker ;D <br><br>The country sedan station wagon looks identical to the one pictured, just put windows in the rear quarters and a roof rack on it. It used the fairlane body style, lengthened to station wagon size. I had one that was that 60's Ford pale(canary?) yellow w/black cloth interior. It had a 289 in it. Had a two way rear door, opened like the one pictured, or like a tailgate. Had a third seat back there too. I bought it for 350 bucks and drove the wheels off it.<br><br>It wasn't a Vista Cruiser, but it was a nice car to drive ;D<br><br>dpm

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I might be able to find a copy of the half cab wrecker. I'll look around.<br><br>snake

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
<br><br><br><br><br>Hey, that's cool yellowBronc, looks like they shortened up that wheelbase. Its a Stubby Bronco Wrecker ;D <br><br>The country sedan station wagon looks identical to the one pictured, just put windows in the rear quarters and a roof rack on it. It used the fairlane body style, lengthened to station wagon size. I had one that was that 60's Ford pale(canary?) yellow w/black cloth interior. It had a 289 in it. Had a two way rear door, opened like the one pictured, or like a tailgate. Had a third seat back there too. I bought it for 350 bucks and drove the wheels off it.<br><br>It wasn't a Vista Cruiser, but it was a nice car to drive ;D<br><br>dpm<br>
<br><br>Looks like a '68 pictured on the brochure. That Country Sedan wagon there was the full sized model based on the Galaxie/LTD full -size chassis. Lots-o-leg room and a smoooooth ride :) I learned to drive in a car like that,<br>It had a 390 and a FMX trans. and would really go 120 mph like the speedo said. ;D