• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Not sure if I should be pissed.....

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I saw a Red Bronco Outer Banks 4-door soft top at the local Cumberland Farms store. I hung around to talk with the owner, A nice woman, I told her I was "holding out" for my 2-Door, I asked how long she had a reservation for, her reply was "what's that, I just bought it off the lot at Columbia Ford" (in CT).

She said a dealer on the West coast "sold" this NOT TO BE SOLD Bronco at auction, and Columbia Ford, on the east coast ended up with it, She bought it within hours of its arrival. ... So another "in your face loyal Ford reservation holder" I did ask what She paid for the Outer Banks....her reply we 72K!!!
I felt better after that....:eek:

TNcoupe

Same here. Seeing all these people get builds done that are very close to the same spec as mine but have reservation dates months after mine is getting ridiculous and insulting.

SevenT

Contributor
Loc.
Southern Colorado
Gents,
Don't get pissed at Ford, they are a business and if fools want to be parted from their money, so be it. These people cannot insure their vehicle for price purchased and unless they are independently wealthy, they had to chip in for the above MSRP amount. Stay the course and get your 2 door hard top Bronco and you will enjoy it. I am loving my 4 door soft top rig.
Mike

Attachments

• Mid-Life Crisis.jpg
    Mid-Life Crisis.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 82

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Same here. Seeing all these people get builds done that are very close to the same spec as mine but have reservation dates months after mine is getting ridiculous and insulting.

Join the club. As we're finding out now, your dealer is/was a huge factor as to why we didn't get our broncos.

#reservationsoverallocations has become extremely popular this last week lol.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
I kicked my reservation out to 2022. I had a "first edition" reservation and I sat on it well beyond when I could have ordered it. When it came time to decide, my only option was to order it with a soft top. I know that I could have done that and then bought a hard top later, but I really do not want a soft top vehicle. It may have been a mistake from a value perspective, to step away from the "first edition" because those are limited production, but I will get more of what I want this way, and in the end that's what matters. I am not buying it for resale value; I want it for me.

The only owners that I've spoken with, have gotten theirs through reservations. I know that there have been some reservation holders who have walked away, and some of those vehicles have been sold with stupid markups on them.

Stay the course...

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
Gonna be one off examples of people who were in the right place at the right time, or unscrupulous conduct by dealers that break from protocol. Ford's rollout of the Bronco has been pretty much a nightmare, but there's also lots of things that have been out of its control, and also, lots of folks who sound like they feel "entitled" to a perfect system.

I'd be bummed too if I had a reservation in all this time and was still waiting, or seeing my order bumped to the next model year. But in the end, common sense should tell us all that there's nothing Ford would rather have than hundreds and thousands of new Broncos sitting in driveways, not storage lots.

SavageBurro

Gents,
Don't get pissed at Ford, they are a business and if fools want to be parted from their money, so be it. These people cannot insure their vehicle for price purchased and unless they are independently wealthy, they had to chip in for the above MSRP amount. Stay the course and get your 2 door hard top Bronco and you will enjoy it. I am loving my 4 door soft top rig.
Mike

great looking rig. Hows the soft top noise at highway speed?

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Ringwood, NJ
If you want to bump it up (willing to sacrifice options) these are the items my dealer told me are in short supply and will delay the build of your bronco. He told me he has someone that was order number 4 and won't change any of his options and still to this day hasn't had his Bronco built. He had another customer remove all of those items in July and took delivery in September

There are many options that are limited in availability and they will delay your order.

Hard top MIC roof (43L)

2 Door (E5A, E5C, E5F)

Wildtrak Series (352A, 353A, 354A)

Sasquatch (765)

Modular Front Bumper (55G)

Trailer Tow (53Q)

Safari Bar (68B)

Lux Package (Incl in 314A, 334A, 354A, 954A)

Paint Protection Film (96B)

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
If you want to bump it up (willing to sacrifice options) these are the items my dealer told me are in short supply and will delay the build of your bronco. He told me he has someone that was order number 4 and won't change any of his options and still to this day hasn't had his Bronco built. He had another customer remove all of those items in July and took delivery in September

There are many options that are limited in availability and they will delay your order.

Hard top MIC roof (43L)

2 Door (E5A, E5C, E5F)

Wildtrak Series (352A, 353A, 354A)

Sasquatch (765)

Modular Front Bumper (55G)

Trailer Tow (53Q)

Safari Bar (68B)

Lux Package (Incl in 314A, 334A, 354A, 954A)

Paint Protection Film (96B)

While those are true, to a point, there are folks out there that got theirs built anyway, with reservation times later than others, and the only reason they got them built is because of the dealer they chose. There are 2D Wildtrak demos sitting at dealers all over the US and Canada.........

SevenT

Contributor
Loc.
Southern Colorado
great looking rig. Hows the soft top noise at highway speed?
I just got done driving this rig 1100 miles to CA and 1100 back to CO and the road noise with the soft top is less than what my Best Top on my 1970 exhibited. It got kind of loud in direct crosswind and while passing 18 wheelers, but you could hear the radio at a volume of 8 and have a casual conversation. I want a hard top, but am willing to wait 18 months to get one aftermarket instead of paying the Ford asking price of $3K to $4K. Your results may vary.
Mike

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Join the club. As we're finding out now, your dealer is/was a huge factor as to why we didn't get our broncos.

#reservationsoverallocations has become extremely popular this last week lol.

yeah for dang sure...

nickgp

Bronco Guru
Patience will prevail. Wait till they are sitting on the lots. This coming from the owner of a dealership here in V Town. While I'm not in the market for a new Bronco, I will be looking for a diesel Tremor once the chip shit is over.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
I spoke with a few people at an Off-Road Expo (not vendors, just average Joes), out of the 6...4 bought their Bronco from the dealership. The other 2 were still waiting on their reservation. 2 of the 4 were at the dealership shopping for a vehicle and they just happened to stumble on the New Bronco. The other 2 had someone from the dealership call them and inform them when the transporter was dropping off the New Bronco.

I've actually gone onto cargurus.com and have found a few within a 40 mile range. So, they are out there...just in limited supply.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
My local dealer has two on the lot. A four door Black Diamond very basic model no extra options. Sticker at $38,000 they want $48,000 for it. They also have a two door Outerbanks that is loaded with everything but Sasquatch package Not sure what the sticker was on it but they are asking $66,000 for it and they are using it as a demo so it has some miles on it!

I just cant do it I cant pay 10K over sticker.:mad: I know supply and demand but it just seems like price gauging to me. I still have my Badlands on order and I guess I will keep waiting.%)

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
My local dealer has two on the lot. A four door Black Diamond very basic model no extra options. Sticker at $38,000 they want $48,000 for it. They also have a two door Outerbanks that is loaded with everything but Sasquatch package Not sure what the sticker was on it but they are asking $66,000 for it and they are using it as a demo so it has some miles on it!

I just cant do it I cant pay 10K over sticker.:mad: I know supply and demand but it just seems like price gauging to me. I still have my Badlands on order and I guess I will keep waiting.%)

I know the feeling, but then again, it's not really price gouging. Profiteering for sure. But then again, it's not any different than when we sell a house or car or a boat, whatever. Most folks ask for what they believe the market will bear, without little though of the actual or intrinsic value of the item. It's kind of similar to the way houses are sold, especially today: the house get's listed for say $400,000 and the seller then entertain offers, usually well above the listed asking price.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
I know the feeling, but then again, it's not really price gouging. Profiteering for sure. But then again, it's not any different than when we sell a house or car or a boat, whatever. Most folks ask for what they believe the market will bear, without little though of the actual or intrinsic value of the item. It's kind of similar to the way houses are sold, especially today: the house get's listed for say $400,000 and the seller then entertain offers, usually well above the listed asking price.

This is a good comparison...however, just playing devil's advocate...the problem is that the housing market is limited by how many houses are made and/or made available. With the Bronco, eventually, there will be a saturation of them. You'll find them all over the place, once everything with Chips, MICs, etc gets sorted. And, you'll be able to find one at a reasonable price. I'm going to hold out until they start appearing on lots...and they sit there for a while...then, I'll swoop in and make a deal. But, I am not paying anywhere between $20,000-$60,000 over asking price.

A new Bronco just popped up in my Facebook market place as a Maxilider Custom. The owner wants close to $90,000 for it. All it has is a slight suspension upgrade and decals. No. Thank. You.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Rob
I do get it and it is really no different than us selling one of our EBs at some crazy price now because of the demand, but like BRONCOchild said there will be a time in the future when we will be able to get them for less than sticker. The fact the prices are so blown up now is just frustrating!

I guess I am getting sick of waiting but compared to most I havent waited very long, but thats not true I have been waiting for one since the 2004 concept bronco!!! I have been waiting 17 years!!!;)

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
Rob
I do get it and it is really no different than us selling one of our EBs at some crazy price now because of the demand, but like BRONCOchild said there will be a time in the future when we will be able to get them for less than sticker. The fact the prices are so blown up now is just frustrating!

I guess I am getting sick of waiting but compared to most I havent waited very long, but thats not true I have been waiting for one since the 2004 concept bronco!!! I have been waiting 17 years!!!;)

Our EB prices are crazy, too! I bought my first one for $1000. Then, slowly the prices started creeping up. My current '73 was bought for $6500. I've done some typical upgrades, but it has stayed relatively the same when I first bought it. I've been offered up to $30,000. I was tempted, but just couldn't get myself to let it go.

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
Rob

Hey I'm right there with you and BC, I won't be getting one until they are in full production/release/sale mode. But you both make the point driving the premium prices: huge interest/demand and low supply in the marketplace. There will always be some dipstick that needs to have the new iPhone, or Bronco, immediately, and will shell out the extra $$$$ to get it NOW!

Not me.

Now, as for the prices on Early Broncos, to me it's simple insanity. I sold mine a few years back (big regret as a lot of you warned at the time) and have been looking to replace it for a long time. But the sad fact is I just can't bring myself to pay the INSANE prices being paid nowadays. I paid $12k for my last EB in 2006, sold it for about double that, and today it would probable fetch $40,000+.

I loved my EB, and should have kept it. But I didn't drive it much and I hated it setting and collecting dust. No way I'm gonna lock up $40k just to drive it a few times a month, no matter how much I miss it.