• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NP 435 Question

EODMike

Is it possible to convert a 2 wheel drive NP435 for use in my Bronco? I bought it a couple months ago and just now realized it is a 2 wheel drive version. Thanks for any input.

Mike

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Most EB's running NP435's run the 2WD/RWD version due to the output shaft configuration, as it's more conducive to the adapters available for the Dana 20. That said, the married 4WD NP435/NP205 setups can work well too if you want to swap the transfer case at the same time.

OP
OP
EODMike

EODMike

Most EB's running NP435's run the 2WD/RWD version due to the output shaft configuration, as it's more conducive to the adapters available for the Dana 20. That said, the married 4WD NP435/NP205 setups can work well too if you want to swap the transfer case at the same time.

I'd like to keep the T-case that I have. Is there an adapter that is used for the 2wd version? Does the drive shaft have to be shortened once the adapter is on?

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
The 2wd NP435 is what has always been used in EB swaps. For over 40 years now. The adapter that has been available for the past 40+ years only works with the 2wd version (including the divorced 4x4 version which is the same exact transmission as the 2wd).