• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

np435 grinding sound need help

beerthirty

Loc.
Lakewood, Co
I was wondering if anyone has had this same problem? When i put it in first gear it makes a funny grinding type noise, it doesnt make that noise in any other gears just in first. I was thinking it was the bearing but im not sure. I bought it from a tranny shop after it was completly rebuilt, of course it had a six month warrinty and started making the sound after about seven months. It still works fine in low it just makes a bad noise and I would like to try to fix it without having to completly rebuild it. I will greatly appreciate any help or suggestions.

Mherriford

Loc.
Oregon City, OR
the first gear in an np 435 trans is non-syncro and will always make more noise than the rest of the gears because of the way first gear is cut

OP
OP
B

beerthirty

Loc.
Lakewood, Co
well when I first put it in it didnt make any differant sound. Ive wheel with other bronco owners that have the same tranny and the comment on the sound it makes. Belive me it doesnt sound good.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Well go by the tranny shop and ask if they will help with the warranty..a curticy adjustiment .. since it has no miles on it and it's not in a work truck pulling a load.....
If they say no then don't worry 435's make a terreble noise in low gear some worse than others...one of mine make 3 times more noise in low gear than the other and it is still going after 388000 miles on it ...you might put in lucus fluid or that Royal purple fluid ...but ask them if it has a bearing out if not then drive it or ........Wheel -it-like-you -stole-it........wish I'd said that....

dan73

Does it make the noise all the time (driving) or just when your shifting into low? May just need to adjust the clutch if it only makes it while shifting.