• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NV3550 TO 5.0L Clutch Question

pennyduke

Loc.
Stafford
I have a New Clutch kit and new Flywheel for a 68 Bronco stock 3 speed sitting on the shelf. Can I use any of those parts for my NV3550 conversion to a 89 5.Ol swap? I know the Pilot Bearing and Clutch disk won't fit.

Is there a clutch kit I can use from our Vendors?

I hope I can use the flywheel and pressure plate from the stock 3 speed.

Thanks

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Use a 50oz. Flywheel with the 89, 5.0L Engine. Your Original 302 Flywheel is a 28oz. and will NOT work.

Wild Horses has clutch kits for your NV3550 application. I would recommend a Centerforce II clutch kit and a shorter throw, B&M shifter for the transmission. You can get a 50oz. flywheel at WH too.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Use a 50oz. Flywheel with the 89, 5.0L Engine. Your Original 302 Flywheel is a 28oz. and will NOT work.

Wild Horses has clutch kits for your NV3550 application. I would recommend a Centerforce II clutch kit and a shorter throw, B&M shifter for the transmission. You can get a 50oz. flywheel at WH too.

Assuming you are staying with a 11" Flywheel and pressure plate? Not a 10.5" Flywheel from a Mustang...

1992 F150 with a 5.0 for a 11" flywheel and PM starter.

As Request3 says;
Pilot bearing is from AA, stock one is a no go. Clutch is a 10 spline, I think... (Chevy/Jeep?) Stock flywheel no worky. Can use stock throw out bearing and fork.

Wh's will help you out and probably has everything in stock!

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX

this is what I did when putting in the nv3550 behind my 87 5.0L. 50 oz flywheel, WH centerforce II clutch kit and B&M short throw shifter - works beautifully, shifts like a car