• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OBA filter for York..smallest...BEST

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Looking for recommendations for replacing my oil catch filter bowl as it just split the "sediment" bowl...luckily I wasn't wheeling...

Looking for small underhood unit for 3/8" NPT fitting...

Last one lasted 20 yrs...this "higher quality" unit? 10 months...dang cheeeep quality crap...so frustrating

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Yes, up to 150# continous psi...just wondering what's working...I've run a York for about 18 yrs with never an issue. Ran it doing construction with air nailers for hours...easier to go home and get the portable air compr but the Bronco can idle all day if needed... :)

I had to shorten my output pressure line to the filter by 12" and I'm wondering if that was what made the difference. Poly bowls don't take heat well...never an issue in almost 20 yrs...

Found a Wilkinson product thru Grainger good for 250psi and metal bowl...
Thx for the input

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Your filter will work better at the end of the line once the compressed air has a chance to cool down. then use a small whip hose to your tools or tires. Not as nice as a mounted unit but much better separation.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've always had really good luck with the SMC modular units and Parker units in some of the bigger sizes. SMC has a new filter/regulator combined into one unit that I've thought about trying when I upgrade my compressor on my truck. My local Motion Industries has historically been a good source for SMC, although Amazon.com works too.

http://www.smcpneumatics.com/AW30-N03DE-Z-B.html

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
I have my filter as far from the York as I can w/o wrapping it around the engine compartment which I pretty much did before all the inner fenders disappeared.

My York will probably end up being my AC compressor soon...