• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OG Bronco - Trying to price it.

OG1972

Contributor
Hello, Sorry for the long post. I am trying to help my 80 year old father sell his two owner 1972 Ford Bronco Explorer Sport Survivor. He bought it from the original owner in 1975 and it has been garaged ever since. Is is truly a survivor. 107298 original miles. Original Paint, Original Interior. It runs, Stops, etc. We drive it on the farm and to town occasionally. Everything works. This vehicle has been religiously maintained and cared for over the years including oil change and filter every 3000 miles or less. Always used the same Havoline 10-30. Every required and many extra maintenance items done on schedule or more frequent.

I would appreciate any help in where to price this Bronco. I see highly modified ones, rusty junk, and lots of ones that have been tweaked and cut, but very few true survivors. So I have no idea of where to start. Below is the information.

There have been a few modifications over the years.

1. Original owner removed the air cleaner and replaced with open style. We have located an original one and are awaiting shipment. This will be original soon.
2. About 10 years ago, the original dealer installed AC was replaced. The original unit was kept and is available.
3. Original owner installed (maybe dealer?) the Unity spotlight.
4. In the early 80s, the AM radio was removed and a AM/FM radio was installed. the dash was cut to allow this. Also, speakers installed in doors. Yes, very bad, I know. But who knew in the 80s these would be so desirable. Original radio was saved and is available.
5. Additional interior light added to rear area in the 70s, can be easily removed.

The Bad.

1. One small hole rust through on rear quarter panel. See Photo.
2. Slight body damage on front grill housing by bumper drivers side.
3. Little rust in front quarters but was addressed years ago.
4. Spotlight needs a new switch.
5, Cut dash and Speaker in door panels. See above.
6. Wear and tear on drivers seat
7. Cracked Reflector on rear

The Good

1, Original Paint
2. Original Motor/drivetrain
3. Original Interior
4 Always garaged so very little rust.
5. Body is uncut.
6. Highly optioned
7. Original back seat
8. Everything works
9. Original glass except Windshield. Windshield replaced in the 80s.

Here is the info from the Marti Report:

DOOR DATA PLATE INFORMATION
Serial Number U15GLN91884
U15 U-100 Bronco 4x4 Wagon
G 302-2V Engine
L Built at Michigan Truck
N91884 Serial Number of this Bronco scheduled for
production at Michigan Truck
092 Wheelbase (inches)
Z Hot Ginger Metallic Paint, Ford #5035-A
U151 U-100 Bronco Wagon 4500 Lb. GVW
84 Ginger Explorer Bucket Seats and Rear Seat
C 3-Speed Manual Transmission
18 3.50 Conventional Rear Axle
04500 Gross Vehicle Weight in Pounds
139 Horsepower @
4000 RPM
54 Omaha DSO (District Sales Office)

Your vehicle was equipped with the following features:
- Skid Plates
- G78x15-B White Sidewall Tires
- Swing-Away Spare Tire Carrier
- Explorer Package
- Bodyside Moldings
- Manual AM Radio
- Extra Cooling Radiator
- Heavy Duty 70 Amp Battery
- Auxiliary Fuel Tank with Skid Plate
- Sport Bronco Package

STATISTICS
Your vehicle was one of:
2,914 With this Paint Code
488 With these Paint/Trim Codes
18,477 With these Engine/Transmission Codes
284 Ordered from this DSO
3,006 With Explorer Package
For the 1972 U-100 Bronco 4x4 Wagon

Passanger Side.JPG Passanger Front Quarter.JPG Rear.JPG Interior.JPG Back Seat and Interior.JPG Drivers Side Door.JPG Drivers Seat.JPG Motor 1.JPG Rear Open.JPG

Attachments

• Drivers Interior.JPG
    Drivers Interior.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 36

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Beautiful rig.....would be welcome in my garage anytime. More pictures please!

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
How about some photos of the underside?

It looks like a really nice truck.

$40-50ish?

syndicate1

Contributor
List your trucks on Bring a Trailer if you want top dollar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

syndicate1

Contributor
It’s a great looking truck that really doesn’t need much work. Anyone could buy it, drive it and and enjoy it as-is.

You could get top dollar, easily $50k. Just give it a good cleaning top to bottom including the engine compartment; replace the rear cracked lens and spend a few bucks for an upholstery shop to repair the front seat.

Just looking at the single piece weather stripping around the rear tailgate opening, I would guess that the top has never been removed.

Fortunately the front speakers are cut into the door panels, not the doors. For the cut dash, Retro Sound sells a kit for installing a traditional two post stereo into a cut dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I would agree with the earlier comment about $40-50k in today's market.

Nice to see that original floor mat in it - don't let someone try and sweet talk you out of that.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
OG1972

OG1972

Contributor
True, but with us being older, very hard for us to drive. No power steering or power brakes. LOL

trailerjack

Bronco Guru
True, but with us being older, very hard for us to drive. No power steering or power brakes. LOL
power steering and brakes are an easy add-on with virtually no downside to the upgrade. It does not negatively impact value, as they can be undone. Actually you could even convert it to automatic for a few thousand dollars as well and then everyone could drive it. Just want you to know you have options. I live in Central Texas and can help if you ever need it. Kinda would be cool to keep it in the family.

OP
OP
OG1972

OG1972

Contributor
Thanks for your thoughts and the options. I will definitely keep it in mind. Do you know who has a good 72 factory air cleaner? The one I purchased seems to be lost or not sent.