• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

oil dipstick relocation

ltatro

Loc.
Michigan
Seems like it's one step forward, two steps back. Just bolted up some shortie headers and I see that the dip stick is going to have to be rerouted. Anyone have any suggestions. I'm sure I can make something work but would appreciate any ideas before I butcher my oil stick tube. Thanks, Tater

JMurray

I have a 66 Mustang & the dipstick on it is located at the fronf of the engine on the left side of the water pump. It plugs into the timing chain cover just above the oil pan.
My bronco has its dipstick on the left side of the engine down into the side of the oil pan.
I have seen (on mine anyways) what looks to be a plug in the timing chain cover, i have not investigated wether its removable or not but you might try.
I`m sure someone else on here will know, good luck.
Jerry

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D There is a soft plug in the timming case cover just get a tub and stick put the right amount of oil in motor and set the new stick to read right not realey a problem good luck.;D ;D ;D Bill :cool: %) :p