• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

oil pan

samjr66

Loc.
Gastonia,NC
I am modifying an oil pan for a 250. Does anyone know where the oil level should be normally and also if there is any type of sealer you can put on the inside of an oil pan?

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
Always was afraid to use anything inside the pan. However, I've sealed a few from the outside with JB Weld. Sanded down and painted can't hardly tell it was ever patched. Just has to be super clean. No help on the oil level.

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
I did this. I should have welded the bolts on the inside. It stii does not leak.

Attachments

• New 053.jpg
    New 053.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 27
  • New 054.jpg
    New 054.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 27
  • New 055.jpg
    New 055.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 27
  • New 056.jpg
    New 056.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 27
  • New 057.jpg
    New 057.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 23
  • New 058.jpg
    New 058.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 22

Kelpsniper

Loc.
Ft. Lewis/Tacoma
i used this stuff for engine building and for gasket replacement. its called the Right Stuff gasket silicone you can get it at autozone, oreileys, pepboys, it works great

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
On the oil level I say fill it with the proper no of qt's of oil .. Then chevk you stick and make a mark on it.
... I had to weld a patc h on my oil pan on the 4BT when I did this swap . I got the measurements and took my pan to a friend in town .. He's a welder forman at a shop . I think it cost me about $35.00 but it has never leaked a drop.