• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

oil test posted up a month ago. Showed zinc ratings, pressure test. Showed how VR1 was good, Summit oil wasn't... thx

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
I have looked for over an hour. I posted it up. I sent it to people,! It's not in my phone, can't find it. I thought i posted it on my thread

Can someone repost it for me? lol thanks

I thought I downloaded it... what do I know!??

Thanks

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Look behind the couch.
😉😁 It’s probably stuck to the old remote control. :)

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
I think you're right!

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Thx Jon. I'm sure you found it in 5 min tho! LOL

Appreciate it!

Glass Pony

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sussex County Delaware
I must have missed that post earlier this year. I guess I am going to have to re-think my strategy, as I was adding Mr. Gasket Zinc additive to Castrol 10-40w conventional.
I only put a little over 1000 miles a year and I do change it every year.

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Here's another oil test. IF you can make it thru all the chest pumping for the first 20 min of reading it's good stuff.

The guy says zinc doesn't do a thing for us. It's the pressure ratings like I got from other oil tests but I always thought zinc was important.

The first test that I linked up above is ONLY for high zinc oils.

This test included zinc oils but only if they were any good

Here's the link: https://540ratblog.wordpress.com/

As you can see, several Quaker State oils have very high pressure numbers. The VR 1 oils came after 50 other oils beat it in the pressure tests.