• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

One more “won’t go into 4 wheel high” topic…

Dave's1971

Per my earlier dilemma regarding my “T” shifter and not allowing 4 high to be engaged, I’m noticing that the outside shift rail (drivers side) moves far less than the other when working the shift handle.
The connecting piece between the rails… does it matter how it’s attached. The center hole seems off to one side…. Maybe it should be flipped over???

Swampland in Florida and wooden nickels accepted as that would more than I’ve got figured out here.

Thanks!!!

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The stroke between L and N is different than N to H.
The stock shifter tends to wear and run out of travel. Hit the internal (to the shifter) stops before the transfer case has enough travel.

OP
OP
D

Dave's1971

I’ve checked the travel on the shift lever and there is plenty to allow shifting to 4H but it still won’t go. All other shifting/gears work fine🤷