• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Opinions of the membership needed

BroncoPDX

Loc.
Portland
I thought I would mention my Paypal experience from last year. I purchased a $300 saw off ebay which was never sent by the seller he took my money and ran. Paypal stepped up launched an investigation which took 2 weeks and then sent me all my money back. I would highly recommend Paypal for any transaction, they protect both the seller and the buyer and you don't need to worry about bad checks and fake money orders which are becoming common place. Oh, and I agree with everyone else the buyer should pay before goods are sent.

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
I have always paid for everything I have bought from anyone on this site and I have always been satisfied. I can't order from any vendor without paying up front. I don't know why transactions here should be any different.

OP
OP
B

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks again to all that offered an opinion on this. Your help is appreciated. I think it will be better for both of us if I tell him to try and find the parts he needs elsewhere.

BroncoWanted

Loc.
North Mississippi
Payment first... I have only bought a couple items from here but on both I paid first and received my parts promptly. I think as general rule that everyone on this site is trustworthy and will complete all transactions as agreed. SOOOOOO if he doesn't want to pay first then sell to another member.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
There used to be internet escrow co. available for things just like this. The buyer would send money to the escrow then the seller would send the part. When the buyer got the part the escrow co would release the money. I can see both sides, you don't have paypal and he wants the parts first, both raise a red flag.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
I have always sent payment prior to shipping.
As for someone being a member in good standing here, I am not sure if that is a good rule, one word: Saddleup!

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
For those of us who dealt with Rick, and I did in person, I'm not sure he was ever in "good standing."