• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Opinions of the membership needed

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
To Admin if this is an improper thread please delete. To the membership here ,I am asking for your help. I will be as discreet as possible on this one. I have some parts I am wanting to sell and another member here is interested and wants the parts. I no longer have a Paypal account and have been buying and selling parts using U.S. postal money orders. My bank advised me this was the safest route to go for all parties involved.The member that is interested in the parts wants to wait until the parts arrive before sending payment, basically a C.O.D. I think most here will say it sounds like a scam,and that is the way the buyer feels also about sending payment first. I have told him I can sympathize and understand it from his point worrying about being out money,but at the same time asked him if he would send parts to another party without being paid first. I told him that since I have been a member here I have bought and sold alot of parts and never failed to hold up my end of a transaction. I guess what I am asking from the membership is, to those of you that have bought parts from me or sold me parts ,have I not held up my end of the deal. Again ,I am asking Admin to delete this thread if it is improper.
Thank you, Broncosam Lou., KY

W650Mike

Loc.
Eastland, Texas
Sell your parts to someone else.

Whether he likes it or not, the buyer has the obligation to pay first…just like Gunbroker, Ebay, etc.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Find someone else to buy your stuff. I have bought and sold thousands of dollars worth of broncos and parts on this sight and 99.9% of everyone I have worked with has been a class act but I always got my money or sent my money before anything was shipped. Good luck with your sale.

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I agree with not shipping until the parts are paid for. Unfortunately that is how parts sales go.

Henry

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You can opt to send it COD, but there are fees associated with doing that which I assum you would have the "buyer" pay. Then what happens if/when the "buyer" doesn't pay the COD upon receipt of delivery? The items at that point are returned to you and you pay for all shipping charges to and from if you want your parts back. Is that something you as the seller are willing to risk?

As with any transaction, a receipt of payment is a contract, regardless of the method of payment, hence the importance of informing your self as a buyer when purchasing new or used truck parts in "as-is" condition. If that contract is broken and you can prove it within the law, that's your recourse if there isn't a credit card company, PayPal, etc to mediate on your behalf.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I've sent parts before payments and vice versa, but to well established members who have a reputation on the board, but were talking about $20 transactions, no biggie if I lost out... If your a newb, sorry but payment first.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Exactly right, I've sent $$ previously, then they ship me the part

I wouldn't never do such a thing. btw let me know when you want them hinges they are soaking with fluid film on them right now:cool:

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
Payment then parts. Like was said before, there isn't a company out there on the internet that lets you get the merchandise before payment is made.

OP
OP
B

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks to all who responded. I guess everyone here feels the same as me. Buyer should pay up front. I received an e-mail from him a bit ago and I think he is going to keep looking for the parts he needs. I sent him a bunch of pics so he knows what I have, I guess it will be his loss. I'm like the rest here if it was a $20.00 part it would be different but I'm not going to gamble with a few hundred dollars. Thanks again to all who responded.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
As everyone else has said, make sure he has all the pictures he needs to feel comfortable with the parts he is buying and have him pay before shipping the parts. Online dealings have always been done this way even in the old days of the internet when people did business on newsgroups and there was no such thing as ebay or paypal.

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have always looked at it this way; if they are going to be a PITA before the transaction they are definitely going to be a PITA after the transaction so why bother. It's not like we are getting rich trading parts so why have the headache?