• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

opinions on bedliner, please

rt22

Loc.
Alexandria
I am going to be spraying on the SEM bedliner and I'm wondering how high up on the rear quarters I should spray. I was looking through some old posts and it looks like most people spray in the wheel well area but don't come over the bed rails. I was thinking about going over the rails (to where the outside of the hardtop or soft top sits, but no further) because I have some paint chips and some minor surface rust around where the top bolts to the quarters. What do you guys think? Thanks.

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Sounds like a good idea to me. Lots of members have done it that way. As long as you dont go to thick over the rails you'll be good and it will still seal up fine:cool:

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
rt22 said:
I am going to be spraying on the SEM bedliner and I'm wondering how high up on the rear quarters I should spray. I was looking through some old posts and it looks like most people spray in the wheel well area but don't come over the bed rails. I was thinking about going over the rails (to where the outside of the hardtop or soft top sits, but no further) because I have some paint chips and some minor surface rust around where the top bolts to the quarters. What do you guys think? Thanks.

%) %) %) That is the way I did mine looks good. Its 2" over on the top rail I had LineX do it and I will never put a top on it when I get that old I will give it to my grandson.:D :D :D Bill %) :cool: ;D

brian72

Early Bronco Student
stand at the tailgate and look down the bed rail to the door. You will see where the door line and the bed rail meet....use that as your straight line all the way down the bed rail to the tailgate. it is a real clean line...

coupe66

Loc.
Cedar Park Tx
Bed liner

What kind of bedliner is that your talkng abought (SEM )? Is it a do it yourself kit . If so where did you find that . How much ? Thanks Robert

OP
OP
R

rt22

Loc.
Alexandria
Thanks for the replies. I think I will go ahead and spray over the top of the bedrails so I don't have to worry about rust and chipping.

coupe66,
I bought the bedliner from eastwood for $210. It is a do-it-yourself kit. From what I read on this board it is a little higher quality than the other diy kits (also costs about $100 more). I will post some picture when I finish it.

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
The SEMS bedliner is real nice. I used the tintable type. There is some pictures of my tub in previous post. I think you'll be ok spraying the top of the bedrails. I've seen alot of people do it. Just don't spray it too thick. Also make sure to clean your gun out in between coats. The bedliner stuff I sprayed had a 20 minute pot life and they weren't kidding.

rellimgneb

Loc.
Reno, Nv
Spray it as thick as you want. What's it going to do? Raise your top up a few millimeters? That isn't going to hurt anything. Mount holes can be moved and redrilled if worst comes to worst. No offense but I am not a big fan of the term, "Most people do..." It is your bronco and do what you want. You will be much happier with it that way.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Go heavy if you will have people (kids) climbing over the side. I ran mine (herculiner) over the top of the rail and I think it turned out really good. I rolled mine on instead of spraying it since I spend a lot of time walking along the top of the bed rails to get to tools etc. when I don't want to walk in the mud. I.E. While many spray on for a smoother surface I purposefully rolled on for a rougher one. I would need to look to be sure but i don't think there are any bare spots on top of the rails yet after 2 years. (And my kids usually climb over the side to get in)

NJ Bronco

Loc.
Jersey Shore

BRussell

Loc.
Winston Salem
Up the sides and over the rails and on the insides of the doors. Line-X did it all and I couldn't be more happy. Check out my gallery...

Brad :cool:

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I rolled mine also 1/2 cap top.. bed..bumpers ...rockers..spoke wheels ...
tail gate ..and the section on the hood that is raised...took about 2 gallons
looks great and has lasted well been on 3 years ...