• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Original Bronco very interesting

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Last week I bought a 73 Bronco that has been parked in a garage since 1985. It is a total rust bucket. Kept in this garage with plywood over a dirt floor. I have been picking it clean for a few days now and have found some very interesting stuff. Here in the northeast you don't get to see much in original unrestored condition. This is the first time I have ever noticed the " paint OK with date" on the inside of the glovebox and on dash under steering column. Jack in the same place FORD put it back in 72 (still in the bag). Original plug wires and hoses with part numbers (still like brand new). Just thought I would tell everyone how neat it is to see something like this. This bronco has 52,000 miles on it ..... What a shame it wasted away like this.

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Right now I am picking it clean. I took the power steering off last night and I'm down to taking the auto trans and transfer case out. The WHOLE truck looks like it sat in a pond. The tailgate was just put on before it was put in storage and is still nice, the doors have a few pinholes , the rest isn't enough to melt down and make a Honda fender. I am going to sell or trade most of the parts pretty soon.

soulflybro

Loc.
Dublin, CA
Come on man that is one less bronco in existence. Keep it and just restore it. Who cares if you need a 30,000 dollar loan. Just do it man.....or else you are contributing to their extinction.

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Hey soulflybro, I'll donate what is left to you and you can restore it. You would probably take me to court for robbing you and I'd have to pay a thousand dollar fine for littering. I work in a very good bodyshop and do a lot of stuff on the side.... No saving this one !

rulebreaker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Manton MI
[quote author=2badrotties link=board=5;threadid=11173;start=0#82269 date=1037142456]<br>Hey soulflybro, I'll donate what is left to you and you can restore it. You would probably take me to court for robbing you and I'd have to pay a thousand dollar fine for littering. I work in a very good bodyshop and do a lot of stuff on the side.... No saving this one !<br>[/quote]Anything can be restored! A few words come to mind,Fiberglass/new metal/POR15/

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
[quote author=rulebreaker link=board=5;threadid=11173;start=0#82283 date=1037143621]<br>[quote author=2badrotties link=board=5;threadid=11173;start=0#82269 date=1037142456]<br>Hey soulflybro, I'll donate what is left to you and you can restore it. You would probably take me to court for robbing you and I'd have to pay a thousand dollar fine for littering. I work in a very good bodyshop and do a lot of stuff on the side.... No saving this one !<br>[/quote]Anything can be restored! A few words come to mind,Fiberglass/new metal/POR15/<br>[/quote]<br><br>you forgot 1 more....MONEY,... lots of it! so unless you want to write a check to the "save the bronco fund" let it go man. ;)

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Some horses go to stud some go to pasture and some go to the glue factory and a few die of old age its just a fact of life. May it rest in pieces.

rulebreaker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Manton MI
[quote author=rusty truck link=board=5;threadid=11173;start=0#82316 date=1037151437]<br>Some horses go to stud some go to pasture and some go to the glue factory and a few die of old age its just a fact of life. May it rest in pieces.<br>[/quote]If you saw as many as we do here in MI,go to pot as we call it,you would understand where I come from.

grant_71

Bronco Guru
[quote author=rulebreaker link=board=5;threadid=11173;start=0#82340 date=1037157179]<br>[quote author=rusty truck link=board=5;threadid=11173;start=0#82316 date=1037151437]<br>Some horses go to stud some go to pasture and some go to the glue factory and a few die of old age its just a fact of life. May it rest in pieces.<br>[/quote]If you saw as many as we do here in MI,go to pot as we call it,you would understand where I come from.<br>[/quote]<br>I will second that, as one who decided to take the "restore" approach, at least he is helping with the shortage of available parts though.

DJM75

Loc.
Washougal
If you saw as many as we do here in MI,go to pot as we call it,you would understand where I come from.

I don't think MI is much worse than we are here in NY. I think I've seen a 2 maybe 3 Broncos since I moved here 2yrs ago. Very sad.
Don

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Oh, we have Broncos here in N.Y. you just cant see them. Try driving the 15 minutes to my house , I have three right here. ( well .. two and a half ;) ) I will try to help the Bronco population around here as soon as someone answers my add in the wanted section of this forum. If I can't build whole trucks I'll use them for dog houses. ;D