• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Painless fuse diagram

chickenman

Loc.
Edmonton Alberta
I installed a painless harness into my '73 and obviously did something wrong. Keep blowing the 15 amp fuse in F9. I can't seem to find the diagram that has what all runs through that fuse so i cab start looking for the issue. does anyone have a copy of it? Thanks in advance

OP
OP
C

chickenman

Loc.
Edmonton Alberta
Thanks guys. So my issue now is that when a new fuse is used and the vehicle is in run position but not running, the wipers will work normally. As soon as the ignition is turned on the wipers continue to function properly, but as soon as the wiper switch is turned off, they stay off and the fuse is burnt. Gonna try to get in there and see if I have something crossed

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Thanks guys. So my issue now is that when a new fuse is used and the vehicle is in run position but not running, the wipers will work normally. As soon as the ignition is turned on the wipers continue to function properly, but as soon as the wiper switch is turned off, they stay off and the fuse is burnt. Gonna try to get in there and see if I have something crossed

It may be a problem with the wiper switch itself.

Attachments

• wipers.jpg
    wipers.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
C

chickenman

Loc.
Edmonton Alberta
It may be a problem with the wiper switch itself.

Thanks viperwolf1, I was thinking the same thing as it all looked to be done right according to the painless wiring diagram. I unplugged everything, added dielectric greese and will have to try it again once I get more fuses.

Is this wiper switch readily available of is it bronco specific an ill need to order it?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
The wiper switch was used in many Ford vehicles with some differences in shaft length. Should be easy to find but you may still need to order one. These things are getting old and don't sell as often as subaru parts.

Got4wd

Contributor
Loc.
Texas
Old post but I’m searching. Did you figure this out? Mines doing the same thing

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is it a new install? Or has it been running with no trouble for a while and just started?