• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Painting Color

americanhorses

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, California
I'm painting mine PPG lapis blue, but to each his own. i was going to paint it white, my wife want blue so blue it is. If she likes it more I can spend more money on it. so if it needs to be pink, paint it pink. Take it deer hunt'g and scratch the hell out of it and then prime it ;D

swa0330

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland,OR
[quote author=JaxLax link=board=5;threadid=14862;start=0#msg112243 date=1046874910]
I beg, do not paint it anything with the word "neon" in the color... ::)
[/quote]

Yes anything with neon in it is totally gay

66horse

Bronco Guru
I would prefer the blue out of the choices, but if you like Neon, do it. Be original. Don't worry about being gay. Our bronco is going to be chrome yellow (which is kind of orange), but will look kinda gay cause the wife is gonna get hibiscus flower racing stripes painted on it.

I say as long as your happy with go for it!

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
Paint????? why no go all out and line-x it they can spray that stuff on as smooth as glass. and it would peel, fade, crack, and all the other stuff which is it's claim to fame.

badmechanic

[quote author=66horse link=board=5;threadid=14862;start=0#msg112273 date=1046880952]
I would prefer the blue out of the choices, but if you like Neon, do it. Be original. Don't worry about being gay. Our bronco is going to be chrome yellow (which is kind of orange), but will look kinda gay cause the wife is gonna get hibiscus flower racing stripes painted on it.

I say as long as your happy with go for it!
[/quote]

66HORSE Man I would love a post on how your wife is gonna do that....My bronc longterm plan is a surf rig local here in NORCAL and Sur....Hibiscus would be really stylie. I was thinking of a flame pattern myself! Flaming flowers...ha ha

Thanks

badmechanic

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Doesn't Linex have a glow-in-the-dark color that actually does glow in the dark?

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Now that I think about it ,Cobalt blue. If you're going with blue might as well be a unigue shade.

badnewsbronco

Loc.
. wilmington MA
My 68 was originally school bus yellow. I had it painted midnight blue emron with white grill bumpers, seats, and wheels. I had the rise in the hood also done in white with a pin stripe. It looks the nuts!