• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Patch Panel

Dave K.

Does anyone make a small patch panel for the area in question--with the captive nuts and so on? Body brace underneath is sound. Thanks, Dave

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 204

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
You probably know this but you will need more than just a patch right at that spot. The patch is simple enough 18 gauge piece of sheet metal. You will need to construct the seat mount that will go in that channel so you can mount the front seat. Or just go custom.

OP
OP
D

Dave K.

Thanks, kinda figured there was more to it--anyone have a picture of what I'm making?

Attac

Contributor
Look at rib where floor pan is out. That's what you want to build. It's an upside down box with ears to weld in the rib channel. Use nut plates for the seat attachment nuts.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 82

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... What has happened to his.. Did the bottom bracket holding his seat rust out of break out .. Man the rest of his floor board looks great.

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
... What has happened to his.. Did the bottom bracket holding his seat rust out of break out .. Man the rest of his floor board looks great.

Probably so Pa. The floor reinforcement is galvanized where the seat mount is not. Salt, sand and moisture gets trapped at this unprotected piece of steel.

OP
OP
D

Dave K.

That's correct, the rest of the floor is very nice but probably crap got packed into the area and helped it rust out. The pic helps and I;ll have to fab something up. Wish one of the suppliers could just send me that piece but understand why they can't. Easy enough fix though and I'll get to it. It's a Colorado truck and is in really nice shape overall so just trying to patch things up rather than do a complete re-work of dodgy areas. If you look closely you can even see the original build sheet still fixed to the floor in the middle, it's been an interesting truck to work on. Thanks again for the inputs here guys.