• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pics of my uncut 74 with 33's

brian72

Early Bronco Student
Would you think 33x12.5 would have fit?

i am sitting UNCUT now myself. I have a 3.5 from BC's. How much of a difference would the rims make in terms of wheel fit into the wheelwell?

brian

Bronco_Rider

Loc.
Brentwood, Ca
Hi,
Nice Bronco, same color as mine.
When you get your cage in, what color are you going to paint it?
Thought when I paint mine it would be black, white, or orange.

Bronco_Rider

malcolmzilla

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Calgary, AB, Canada
[quote author=brian72 link=board=5;threadid=16838;start=0#msg128226 date=1051542567]
Would you think 33x12.5 would have fit?

i am sitting UNCUT now myself. I have a 3.5 from BC's. How much of a difference would the rims make in terms of wheel fit into the wheelwell?
[/quote]

I have a 3.5" lift and am uncut on my 77, 31x10.50's on 15x7's with about 3.5" back spacing barely fit... 33x10.50's maybe, with more backspacing might fit, probably not if you flex the rear...

OP
OP
S

Steven_in_SC

Loc.
Charleston, SC
There is no way 33x12.5 will fit. 33x10.5 maybe but it would be close. It all depends on rim width and backspacing. I think the rollcage will be rhino lined black like the rest of the interior ( although red would look mighty good).

jamesmorrison

Loc.
Meridian, Idaho
Great looking bronco. I still think when the designed the bronco though, they made the mistake of not cutting out the wheel wells at the factory in every bronco. Broncos just look better with cut wheel wells, and tires that fit right up under them. james

OP
OP
S

Steven_in_SC

Loc.
Charleston, SC
i thought about cutting the fenders but just didnt have the heart to do it. Not too many uncut ones anymore. This way I have the tires I wanted and uncut. I think it looks different uncut with the factory hubcaps on it.

OP
OP
S

Steven_in_SC

Loc.
Charleston, SC
A guy in upstate SC did all the paint work for me. He does great work and because I show the Bronco he gives me a discount for mentioning his name. His shop is called Autocrafters in Greenwood, SC. I paid 2000 for everything.

OP
OP
S

Steven_in_SC

Loc.
Charleston, SC
yeah raleigh_bronco
Here is the contact info for you. The guys name is Chip Hall. His shop name is Autocrafters. The address is
19 Midway Dr, Abbeville, SC 29620. His phone number is
(864) 943-0380 . Chip is a good guy and will do awesome work for you. I highly reccomend him.

OP
OP
S

Steven_in_SC

Loc.
Charleston, SC
Those are the original 15" ford hubcaps. I couldnt bear to change them out for some rims. The neighbor is going to pay to get it fixed so thats good, but im still without my baby for a few weeks.
:(

Alex

Loc.
Indiana
I like the fact that those tires arent god awful wide! You may even get a lil MPG ! How wide were the rims you mounted them on? My rims are like 12 inches wide with 11.5 tires and man it sucks to drive on a road that has any rutts in it at all cause it grabbs and pulls.