• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

picture hosting

whyme26

Loc.
Brighton
I was just wondering... would it be beneficial for anyone on these threads to have a place to host pictures? I know there's all kinds of sites like photobucket and flicker, but would anyone appreciate a hosting site dedicated directly to this whole EB thing? I don't want to distract from joining this forum and paying the dues or anything like that, I was just wondering. A lot of people seem to wonder how to post pictures or where to host them...

I do some web design for a living and set up a hosting site dedicated to aircooled VW's a while back. the forum users loved it. It had pretty easy linking for posting the pics in forums and users could set up their own galleries and stuff.. Just wondering if anyone here would use something like that because I'd be more than happy to set it up and get it going.. I have a feeling I may be at this for a while :)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I like the idea, but we do have the photo gallery on here, and I don't mind contributing to this site & Jon for all his work to keep us up & running!

OP
OP
W

whyme26

Loc.
Brighton
thanks for the input, that's kind of what I figured. I don't mind pitching in the couple bucks to be a member and have the ability to upload pictures either. Just seems like not many people post pictures which are always fun to look at and helpful when trying to figure out how to do things.

Wasn't sure if that was because no one knows how, or no one wants to actually pony up the couple bucks to become a member, or just that no one bothers to take pictures..

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
thanks for the input, that's kind of what I figured. I don't mind pitching in the couple bucks to be a member and have the ability to upload pictures either. Just seems like not many people post pictures which are always fun to look at and helpful when trying to figure out how to do things.

Wasn't sure if that was because no one knows how, or no one wants to actually pony up the couple bucks to become a member, or just that no one bothers to take pictures..

There could be other opinions, ;) It was thoughtful of you to offer.

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
A lot of people are unable to resize the pic's for upload. There are programs available, but some of us are computer challenged. While pic hosting is fine, I use it for sites that you just can't load from your computer. Personally I like the thumbnail approach due to the fact I can't get broadband and often I pass over looking at pic's posted that take forever to download. Same way with e-mailed pic's. I get pic's that take me forever to load and still have to save them to my computer so I can see them without having to scroll and look at them in pieces. Love the site and think everyone should be a contributor, worth every penney.

W650Mike

Loc.
Eastland, Texas
Compared to other sites/forums CB.com is already pretty easy to post pics; only 12 bucks and worth every penny.

I frequent several shooting related sites and it’s so much hassle to post a photo that it’s hardly worth it.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
I support this site but won't use the photo gallery. If I am going to upload pictures I want them in a place I can easily access them from anywhere and post them everywhere. That is why I have a Photobucket account - I can upload in 1200X1600+ and use thumbnail code to post my pictures. I can upload pictures from my phone and even track the statistics of each picture/album.