• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

PLEASE HELP - 1972 Steering Column

STGauthier

Loc.
Lafayette, LA
I am looking for a VERY detailed illustration or better yet, photos of a complete 1972 Bronco steering column rebuild. I have removed and disassembled the column and want to make sure to put it back together correctly. Does anyone have good, detailed photos of this process? I have the schematics, but being a complete newbie, the illustrations do not always do the parts justice. I've had her for 3 weeks and have only driven her once before the shift column broke. Thanks!

BroncoBoy Z

Yeah I also had to rebuild one in my '72! It's pretty straight forward and replacement parts are available from Dennis Carpenter, Tom's Bronco, Jeffs Bronco, etc.

Here's a link to a 3-speed rebuild guide: http://www.fordification.com/tech/3spd-column_01.htm

At the bottom of the page there is a pretty detailed exploded view.

Hope that helps!;D