• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Po' Man's Tub Rotisserie

scottmcwms

Loc.
Montgomery, TX
Well...since I am only going to rebuild this one tub I didn't want to spend $1,100 for an Eastwood tub rotisserie and I didn't want to spend close to $400 on the materials to make the rotisserie design in the tech articles, so I decided to be adventurous and try my own design. I spent approximately $95 to make my tub "sling". No it doesn't have the capabilities of rotating, but I can still get to both sides of my Bronco tub at the same time, which proves to be very helpful when replacing underside supports, cleaning the underside and POR-15ing the underside.

Here is my materials list:
10 - 2"x4"x10' boards (Lowes)
4 - 5" 250 lb. casters (Harbor Freight)
2 - 2500 lb. ratcheting tie downs (Harbor Freight)
12 - 1/2"x6" bolts (Lowes)
4 - 1/2"x4" bolts (Lowes)

Since your main load bearing beam is the top horizontal beam I used 2 - 2"x4"x10' boards per side and screwed them together. A single 4"x4"x10' pole would work fine, but they were so much more expensive and only came in pressure treated. The rest of it is pretty self explanatory. If you want further directions please let me know. Also I can email you the original pictures that you can blow up and see specific details.

This isn't a complicated design. It took me about 60 minutes to complete the whole thing. I made the diagonal supports out of some fence slats I had laying around. I would really advise using some type of cross beam to stabilize the rig. It has worked great so far. The only complaint I have is that it seems to be causing the rear quarter to cave in a little. I guess I wouldn't recommend doing this with a show truck or a tub that is in very bad condition. My tub is in pretty bad condition, but seems to be holding up fine. It has been sitting in the sling for 4 weeks now and that is the only problem I see.

I hope this is a cheap alternative for the do-it-only-once-er.

Let me know what you think.

Scott

Attachments

• DSCN1479_smaller.JPG
    DSCN1479_smaller.JPG
    243.8 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCN1476_smaller.JPG
    DSCN1476_smaller.JPG
    248.2 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCN1477_smaller.JPG
    DSCN1477_smaller.JPG
    244 KB · Views: 54