• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Portable Rust Removal Laser?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Seen that on the web a few years back. Insane expensive. The rental rate was pretty steep as well, like thousands per hour. Only good for visible "surface" rust. Rot, deep rust, missing metal, not good.

ame

I think im reading it wrong as it seems to be $39 ????

chriskent85

That company is in London. I'm sure its a mistake and if you went thru their website to buy it I'm sure they would refund the money and tell you sorry but was a mistake.

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I’ll sell you some pharmaceutical grade capsules you pop into the oil on a daily basis and it will restore your car back to an original showroom beauty! Just send 19.99 to my PayPal :eek:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I like the idea of a tub of Evap-o-Rust with a pump and a shower head spraying it all over the offending part, then recycling it to spray over the part(s) again and again.

Relatively cheap, only a bit of a hassle to set up, and removes rust down to good metal until you get to parts that don't have good metal anymore. But at least then you know where the rust stops.

Seems like it would work really well for most big parts (like fenders, tubs, frames, etc) where just dropping it into a bucket would work for small parts.

I use it extensively and it has worked pretty darn well for me so far.
I tried taking the rust off of a 100 year old or so railroad tie, and the tie just laughed at the rust-remover. It did take some off, but the pits were so deep you'd swear there wasn't going to be much metal left under there.
But every "normal" I've used it on came out pristine. Or mostly pristine.

Just takes time and takes up space for larger setups. So not for use in a busy work area.

Paul

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
A bigger issue than skin damage in my opinion is retinal damage. It says shipyard use but I won't let one on ours. (I am the Laser Safety Officer there). There is a bigger power supply somewhere not in the photos I would think. I could not clearly read the Laser class on the yellow stickers of the pictures from the site but reflection off of steel could be enough to damage eye site permanently. There are some super dangerous laser products coming out of China that are not regulated.