• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Possible Mass Buy For Monstaliner

jperry1290

I used magnet paints "Chasis Saver" to paint my frame and was pleased with the results. I was looking to buy Monstaliner to coat the inside of my tub, so I asked Magent Paints if they would offer a discount to ClassicBronco members if there was a mass buy. This is only a feeler at this time to see what type of response there is and I will work out the other details with the company. http://www.monstaliner.com/

69BroncoDad

Loc.
Rutland
Never heard of monstaliner...
Looks pretty good,surfed the site a bit.
Has anyone used the bedliner? any feedback ?
Looks like using the chassis saver aluminum then spray on the liner might be a nice way to go on a blaster body top and bottom...

DevilDog

Loc.
Virginia
It's about the same price a raptorliner, which is known to be really good. For an unproven, roll-on product they should be well under $100 for a gallon in my opinion. I'd still be interested at about $75 on a mass buy.

Also, raptorliner is often on sale for $99.

ChrisC74

The guys I am working with are using qwik liner and are happy with the results. I watched it applied last week and think that is the way I am going to go. It is a spray vs a roll on but the finished product looked very good and looked like it would take a beating. I am going this way once I get the "final" interior layout done and stop moving seat bolts, etc...

Anyone else used this stuff???

http://www.*********.com/

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
How is Raptorliner..? is it uv sensitive? I just wanna do this once...not redo in a couple years.

Sun doesn't bother it. I had a little left over last year when I did the 66, and since my trailer was just sitting there, I shot it straight on with no prep at all on some bad places. Year later and it hasn't lifted, cracked, faded at all.

patkelley

Loc.
Marietta
I did the monstaliner install - it is a very durable product and fairly easy to apply. I did grind the surface to bare metal (they only recommend scotch brite scuff), but my truck had 4 layers of paint on it and I did not trust ANY product's durability with that much crap under it....

Attachments

• monstaliner1.jpg
    monstaliner1.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 123
  • monstaliner2.jpg
    monstaliner2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 113
  • monstaliner3.jpg
    monstaliner3.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 121
  • monstaliner4.jpg
    monstaliner4.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 112
  • monstaliner5.jpg
    monstaliner5.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 102
  • monstaliner6.jpg
    monstaliner6.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

69BroncoDad

Loc.
Rutland
patkelly...did you roll or spray? how many coats and about how thick did you go.? how much did it take to do the inside? and how long ago did you do it, and how is it holding up...lol whew!! thought all that with one thought..time for a nap..........

marty

Loc.
massapequa, n.y.
magnet paints is right around the block from my job. the guy offered to do my truck for free because he wanted to make a video of it. i did use it on the firewall and parts of the front fenderwells. i only did one coat and it could have used a second coat but was in kind of a rush. the stuff covers pretty well and is holding up pretty good. i will do the interior when the time is right. i heard from the owner the only issue they had when it first came out was the rollers they gave you where falling apart. maybe when i am ready to do the interior i will see if he wants to video it.

patkelley

Loc.
Marietta
patkelly...did you roll or spray? how many coats and about how thick did you go.? how much did it take to do the inside? and how long ago did you do it, and how is it holding up...lol whew!! thought all that with one thought..time for a nap..........

You roll in this product - I used 2 coats per the instructions, 1 gallon was enough for this job. It is ~4 months old, so I cannot really talk about durability, but it is holding up well so far. My only issue is that the texture could be a little rougher - they have posted a video recently on their website showing the method to get better texture. I will probably add a lite coat (they sell quarts) to get this better texture in the footwells and bed. The rollers held up fine, and they are the key to getting it right.

OP
OP
jperry1290

jperry1290

I will be the sacrificial lamb and try it out. Report and pics will follow, but it will be awhile since I am prepping for paint.