• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Possible Mass buy on aircraft style A/C vents

BroncoWanted

Loc.
North Mississippi
Hey guys,

After reading a lot of threads on dash layout and custom features as well as all the articles I could find on AC vents I finally decided to steal an idea and use the aviation style ball vents. (Thanks Nick!!!!)

Well after searching for the lowest price on a quality product (Bronco blood hound style) I decided that my best bet would be the aveo air ball vents and I found a company in Missouri with them on sale.

Well long story short I talked to the owner several times ( he is a great guy and formerly from Mississippi) and mentioned the possibility of a mass buy for the CB gang. He jumped at the idea and gave me the following prices.

The vents are a two piece design that will sandwich the dash between the 2 parts. No screws,tape or glue. They are high quality aircraft aluminum with an anodized finish. And come with your choice of 1 1/2, 1 3/4, or 2 inch duct connectors.

If anyone is interested post up and I'll get the count started and work out the details with him.

1 vent = $60.00
2 vents =110.00
Anodized aluminum in either silver or black.

I don't have contributer status right now so here is a link to the vent pic. As you can see it is a pretty good deal. He said much less and he would be losing money.

http://www.21stcentury-usa.com/aveo/misc/airvent/img1.gif

OP
OP
BroncoWanted

BroncoWanted

Loc.
North Mississippi
I'm in. Is there any minimum number of buyers we need to get this price?

Not sure about the min # of people. It would be nice if we had a few more, but if no one else posts up by tomorrow I will talk to him and see what we can do.

Come on guys these are super cool, will never break and easy to install. Best price you will find on this type of vent anywhere. ;D

Check out the thread below ( Post # 10 ) for a look at some vents Nick from Nicks Trix did. Thanks Again for the Idea Nick.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184250&highlight=custom+vents

Last edited:
OP
OP
BroncoWanted

BroncoWanted

Loc.
North Mississippi
Talked to him again this afternoon and he said that if we had an order for 6 or more vents he could cut the price to about 50 per vent. TTT. Anyone else interested?

Cobra11

Contributor
Loc.
West Hollywood, CA
yes definitely interested!! how do they open and close? is it with a twisting like on an airplane? and would they be able to do colors...if so, how much more? thanks

OP
OP
BroncoWanted

BroncoWanted

Loc.
North Mississippi
He has some colors but they are more. Didn't really talk to him about a price on those. Check out the site and see what you think if you serious I'm sure he will work with you and knock some off. He is a great guy.

BTW. The prices are not for the maxi vents. Only the regular vents

Let me know what you think and how many.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm in. They only look bad if you don't like airplane stuff....I do!

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Although I already have my vents and cutouts for them in the dash, those do look pretty sweet.

My only concern about the vent would be the size of the hose needed to connect to them. You will need a reducer from 2.5 down to 2 inch I suppose. hopefully that is something that is available.

My .02 cents! :cool:

OP
OP
BroncoWanted

BroncoWanted

Loc.
North Mississippi
Although I already have my vents and cutouts for them in the dash, those do look pretty sweet.

My only concern about the vent would be the size of the hose needed to connect to them. You will need a reducer from 2.5 down to 2 inch I suppose. hopefully that is something that is available.

My .02 cents! :cool:

I thought about that before I stared looking at these. I used a piece of 2" OD pipe and cut a piece of 2" ID hoes to fit and viola perfect fit for the vent hose. So that should be a real problem. But if you don't want that extra little step then you are absolutely right. It will not fit snug.

I'm sure there are other ways to do it as well. Great thinking though. I should have mentioned that in my OP. Sorry guys. Thanks for keeping me on my toes.

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
IMHO, Those look cool but for the Bronco budget minded, these look better.

http://www.nostalgicairparts.com/air-conditioning/2-5-inch-chrom-vent-dual-vein-775.php

http://www.nostalgicairparts.com/air-conditioning/2-5-inch-chrome-round-vent-three-vein-59.php

595007W.jpg

OP
OP
BroncoWanted

BroncoWanted

Loc.
North Mississippi

I looked at those and I actually like them, but I also liked the Aircraft style and decided I'd stay with them. Hey it's a bronco if I don't feed it money it might leave me or die. ;D

Anyway thanks for all the opinions guys. I don't mind that as long as CB brothers don't start acting like folks on another 4x4 site that shall remain nameless and bashing folks just for the heck of it. I mean one of the things that attracted me to broncos was the diversity of the bronco and how much you can customize it to suit yourself. In the couple of years I have been on CB I don't think I have ever seen two that are quite the same. Some of them I like and some of them I don't no biggy no bashing just bronco brothers sharing ideas and deals when they are found.

To all the guys who have posted that they want to order the vents I am going to try and get a total on monday and contact them and see how they want to proceed because I think we have enough for the better price now.

SEE Y'ALL!!

rockingm82

Loc.
St. Peters, MO
Can't say I am much a fan for gasper vents or punka louvers as the Brits call them. I do recall someone selling the sun visors that were made by an aircraft parts company. I really wanted a set of those, but I've never seen them again and can't find them.