• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Post count

msmith

Just curious, I have 147 posts including this one but my post count is stuck at 100. Was wondering if anyone would know why?

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
I think, but am not 100% sure that if you post more than once in a given thread it only counts your initial post.......I just looked at another thread where the initial poster had several other posts within the thread but his count didn't change with each additional one.

Pops

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Posts in the Off Topic section don't add to your total, so that may be it.

Multiple posts in a single thread will each count though.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Sorry, I was wrong?

My first post here was #1460 and this post is still showing #1460??

When your post count changes, the count is updated on all of your previous posts. If you pull up one from years ago it will show the same number as your current post. That’s just the way it works..... I assume it updates your profile and that current information shows on any of your posts that are opened.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Yes, but there seems to be a lag... at least when I did my test. It showed all 3 of my posts in this thread with a different post count 6321, 6322, 6323.

Now it has updated all to match, but it didn't show up that way immediately. I think scripts run in the background to update counters, so the change may not be instantaneous. I've just never paid that much attention before.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Not the least bit worried about my count, but mine still hasn't changed to #1461.......MAYBE CB.com doesn't like me anymore??? Especially since my "permanent ban" recently??? ;);D;D;D;D

It just did after this post!!!! Must like me after all!!!

Oh, well.........