• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

POSTPONED! Chuck and BC Broncos’ farewell and Seabiscuit meet and greet!

Broncogirlie

Loc.
BC CANADA!!!
Wow...I am just so amazed at how everyones pulling together here. I really wish all of you a beer swillin' good time. So jealously wish I could be there. SeaBiscuit68, whenever you and feitctaj get some time to come up here to get those doors, I want you to bring your photos and stories too. I'd love to know how it all goes. Did I ever say how much I love this Bronco community?! You guys totally ROCK! ;D

bandit

Loc.
Afton
Any parts you can use?

I have some stock seats ,the rear is about perfect,the front driverside needs recover and pad,the passenger is in good shape.I also have a Big Bearing 77,9" rear,with good brakes,the bearings need repacing ,and the 3rd member really needs rebuilding...can you use any of that ,Seabiscuit?

OP
OP
Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Loc.
Windsor, CO
4xfloored said:
What time it this thing getting started?
I more in the 909 area, Im off the 215 freeway by Cal State San Bernardino...

Start time is noonish. I know that these guys are on a schedule. Hell, they are driving down from Washington, so they will be tired, and on a time crunch. I believe the plan is to be here around noonish, and then they will likely hang for a couple hours and eat, rest, and then head north again.

OP
OP
Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Loc.
Windsor, CO
BTW, if anyone needs to drop off parts, please let me know via PM. I can arrange to meet you most evenings to drop off parts at my place for Seabiscuit to pick up. After 7pm would be great.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
I haven't heard yet whether the D30 I offered is wanted. If it is I could drop it by Scotty's after work sometime this week since its looking like I might not be able to make it to the Q. Milo if you can get your parts to my house I can take them too.

4xfloored

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Bernardino
Dusty said:
I haven't heard yet whether the D30 I offered is wanted. If it is I could drop it by Scotty's after work sometime this week since its looking like I might not be able to make it to the Q. Milo if you can get your parts to my house I can take them too.

I'll see what I can do Dusty, I might be able to leave work for a couple hours and take em down myself...

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
I have to share some difficult news. I am not going to be able to make the trip down there. I found out my band has a gig friday night You know how it is, my bandmates are counting on me and so are the folks putting on the dance. I can't let them down. There's also a possibility that feitctaj won't be able to go. He will know Friday and either he or myself will post about that so please check back. I'm pretty confident that things will be okay but you all need to know this so there are no misunderstandings. This means that sending something to Scotty's ahead of time would not work. I'm sorry for the trouble but stuff happens so hopefully you'll understand.

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
4xfloored said:
I got a motor for Seabiscuit I pulled out of my 73, it's a stock 302 with almost everything on it carb, intake, dizzy,oil pan, NEW :cap, rotor, vacuum advance module, it smoked alittle and it my opinion was getting alittle tired but ran pretty good, Im sure you can probally install new valve seals, maybe some new rings and you should be good to go...
Only problem is I work on all weekends and will wont be able to del. it to Lake Elsinore, if any one in the area want to pick it up I live in San Bernardino, and I got a engine hoist to help load it up .. let me know...
Milo
Don't worry too much about the valve seals. I have a set of heads off an '87 5.0 HO to send to him. :cool: I still have a complete '75 302 also. If the motor you have needs anything including duraspark harness and module let me know.

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
I want to make sure everyone knows I already have a motor. In fact I just got it yesterday. I'm pretty sure this truck needs leafs and springs, Scotty can correct me if I'm wrong.

crawln68

Bronco Guru
I have the stock leafs and front coils off of my 68 if you are going to run stock height. I can't help if you want lifted springs though. Let me know.

OP
OP
Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Loc.
Windsor, CO
Broncoholics said:
Its Sunday, not Saturday. And, yes, we still need to say goodbye to Chuck!

Well, looks like Chuck isn't going to be back from Texas in time either, so that means this little meet and greet is now on HOLD. I will update the front page, but at this point, I see no reason to do it until we know more.

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
Oh that's sad news. I know first hand how hard it is to mesh schedules. This is what I've been going through for the past 2 weeks. Tons of PMs trying to coordinate with people for the trip down and back. And then I add to the problem with a "probably make it" as the best I can do. Sheesh. Scotty, and everyone, I'm sorry for my part in contributing to the difficulties. I have to believe things work out the way they do for a reason. So, to ask the obvious, should I cancel or postpone my trip down there? For me I just want to pick up the truck and although the affair sounded like fun it isn't necessary. But that's just me. I want to be mindfull of your needs. Whatever your decision I promise to respect it.

OP
OP
Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Loc.
Windsor, CO
SeaBiscuit68 said:
Oh that's sad news. I know first hand how hard it is to mesh schedules. This is what I've been going through for the past 2 weeks. Tons of PMs trying to coordinate with people for the trip down and back. And then I add to the problem with a "probably make it" as the best I can do. Sheesh. Scotty, and everyone, I'm sorry for my part in contributing to the difficulties. I have to believe things work out the way they do for a reason. So, to ask the obvious, should I cancel or postpone my trip down there? For me I just want to pick up the truck and although the affair sounded like fun it isn't necessary. But that's just me. I want to be mindfull of your needs. Whatever your decision I promise to respect it.

If you can still pick it up please do. But I cannot gaurantee I will have help loading it. If you have some dolly style stuff with wheels on them we could get it on a trailer though.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Depending on how quickly you need to come get it, I could probably lend a hand in making Scotty's chassis into a roller. I've got that D30 and I bet we could scare up a rear end housing somewhere. Throw on some old stock springs somebody might have laying around and we'll be able to push the thing around pretty easily, including up onto the trailer. If the parts were gathered at Scotty's house I could come over for a few hours sometime and help put it all together, then whenever you guys come down for it you could just roll it onto the trailer. What all do you lack to turn that frame into a roller?

Dusty

OP
OP
Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Loc.
Windsor, CO
Dusty said:
Depending on how quickly you need to come get it, I could probably lend a hand in making Scotty's chassis into a roller. I've got that D30 and I bet we could scare up a rear end housing somewhere. Throw on some old stock springs somebody might have laying around and we'll be able to push the thing around pretty easily, including up onto the trailer. If the parts were gathered at Scotty's house I could come over for a few hours sometime and help put it all together, then whenever you guys come down for it you could just roll it onto the trailer. What all do you lack to turn that frame into a roller?

Dusty

I have no stock radius arm mounts on it though.

A set of these would be perfect to move it with the jackstands under it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/PAIR-OF-RACE-CA...ryZ50138QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

behemoth

Bronco Guru
I have 4 of those in my garage that could be used for some time, but I need them back. They are quite helpful in moving dead cars around my garage.

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
Dusty, that's using the old noodle. ;) I'm concerned about inconveniencing Scotty though, I don't want to do that. I had planned on bringing these gizmos (I don't know what they're called) that're used in a warehouse for hauling machinery around. Sort of a square platform with four wheels - I have access to two of 'em. Maybe add a couple of 2x4s if needed, I don't know but that was what I was thinking. Obviously it would be preferable to have axles under there but that puts alot of burden on you and I have to come back to that "probably make it" thing. So I'm thinking that's unrealistic. But hey, it was a good idea!

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
If i was getting a free EB i would make it come He## or high water. I guess the band would be missing a member that night.