• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Powder coating dash, glove box door question

jasonv

So I have my dash all apart and want to take it over to the powder coaters but I have a question. The door to the glove box has the original aluminum tag riveted on the inside. Can that be baked? I like it there.

Thanks,
Jason

rob wilson

Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
Had mine done a couple of years ago, no effect to the tag. I believe they masked it when they shot it, then removed the masking before baking.

OP
OP
J

jasonv

How about the ashtray, whole or pull the front off and re-rivet?

DuctTape

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bozeman, MT
How about the ashtray, whole or pull the front off and re-rivet?

When I re-do my dash, I'm going to eliminate the ashtray and use that space for something else, like fusebox through the dash or something. You may want to consider taking it all out. It is handy for change, tho'...

66fora69er

I left my ashtray together when I had it powdercoated with the dash and other parts. they had to grind a little material out of the side grooves of the ashtray but other than that its great. I have a 66 so the vin tag is on the driver kick panel. didnt have to worry about the tag on the glove box door

66fora69er

dash powdercoating

dash powdercoating

Attachments

• 1-19-09 progress (1).jpg
    1-19-09 progress (1).jpg
    76 KB · Views: 70

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
So I have my dash all apart and want to take it over to the powder coaters but I have a question. The door to the glove box has the original aluminum tag riveted on the inside. Can that be baked? I like it there.

Thanks,
Jason

As another poster said... it can be masked off with a special heat tape. Not sure what they are charging you but I would suggest that you ask them to shoot it with a clear coat after the base color. It will really look great and be tough as nails... while they have it hanging on the line it shouldnt cost much more.

Greg