• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pretty sure I ruined my rebuilt motor

gnpenning

Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
Sorry to hear about your motor loss, that stinks! I'd say take it back to the builder for the rebuild and at the same time get the crate motor your talking about and drop it in. After the rebuild on the old motor you can sell it.
Chances are the builder will not rebuild the motor for various lame reasons like he didn't install the valve covers or water pump or something. But it's worth a shot at getting him to make it right.

Great advise here. It wouldn't matter how long he spent and you could get some money back. Something is better than nothing.

OP
OP
bobscott

bobscott

Thanks again everyone for your input. Just picked up a rebuilt roller 302. A friend of the wives has an experienced mechanic husband that has agreed to help me dress it out and install it. All the shops around here are months out and I figured I could throw some money some good people's way and learn some stuff in the process. Hope to have it going by the end of the month.

ecoleman1

As stated earlier, be sure water pump is turning in right direction! Learned by experience!!