• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Price to weld up a roll cage

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
If you can get it to me in Abilene I will do it with some assistance from you :) and a few $ to help with welding bottle refil.

Mike

Oh, and I have bender(Pro Tools 105HD), notcher, and MM251, and welding certification available on request. :)

Last edited:

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
RivRat,
I'm glad everyone is wanting to help ya out! Thats great! ANother way to save some money is just buy the A, B & C pillars. Those may run around $300 plus shipping. Buy some scrap pipe in your local recycling yard or buy a stick froma metal dealer. Some of these guys may have some pipe laying around that may sell to you real cheap that you can use for your connectors. At the same time you would have your own one-of-kind rollcage. Find a guy with a bender and the sky is the limit if you can dish out the cash. If you were to get a small welder you could weld on gussets, grab handles and seat belt tabs and save money there. Get a pro to do the main cage and pick up pointers. You can do the small items yourself.

Send some pics and let us know who helped ya out. Again, good luck Rat! And thx to whoever helps him out!

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Who sells just the A and B pillars?

I asked ExtremeCustomeParts if they would do the 3 main bends (apprx $300 plus S/H) and they would have if I went that route. I had tubing and plates ready. I'd rather pay shipping on three pillars than an entire cage (shipping is crazy these days) especially if you can get tubing. A notcher is inexpensive and an abrasive saw is around $100-$150. Ask any vendor, they should be able to send you any parts of a cage seperately.

I would have bought the pillars but saved myself money by buying an entire cage for around $350 used. http://classicbroncos.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/26957/cat/500/ppuser/31426
I do have to grind a little bit but nothing to difficult, plus some paint. Brand new this cage would have been $750 unwelded plus about $200-$250 in S/H! YIKES!