• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pro Flow Deluxe or Body lift

nj_thusar

Contributor
Loc.
Asbury Park, NJ
My bronco need more filtered airflow. Right now i have a EB 4 barrel carb and HEI setup up. To get that all to fit, I have been running a dinky filter that barley clears. I would like my truck to breath more not that the weather is hotter. I am not married to my stock hood, so I was wondering if anyone had any opinions? Body lift vs Pro flow hood? The truck is getting sprayed this Fall anyway, so paint isn't a problem.

Thanks,
-Tim H.

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
I got my proflow deluxe from JBG for for a good price. Love it. I drilled 5 large holes in the back of the cowl to help keep it cool and I run pins only with no latch. Still not painted......

OP
OP
nj_thusar

nj_thusar

Contributor
Loc.
Asbury Park, NJ
Thanks for the reply. Seemed like too simple of a question, but spending 500 bucks these days is really a risk I can't afford to do over.

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
I hear ya. I sold my stock one for 100 to soften the blow a little. make sure to get a hinge kit also- makes things easier

OP
OP
nj_thusar

nj_thusar

Contributor
Loc.
Asbury Park, NJ
I hear ya. I sold my stock one for 100 to soften the blow a little. make sure to get a hinge kit also- makes things easier

Never would have thought. Thanks!

Looking at JBG like you did, just wondering who else I should compare with? Besides my roadster inserts, I have never delt with Fiber Glass before.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
I got my Pro Flow from Wild Horses - the deluxe version. Very good quality. I think that they are the best looking EB hood out there.

But, if you are looking to save some coin - you could just do a scoop like Cooper mentioned.