• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

PTO Winch

Tuck73

Contributor
I just installed an AX-15 using the Wild Horses conversion kit. When I try to bolt the transfer case to the transmission, the PTO housing attached to the transfer case is hitting the new transmission support bracket. Is there a way around this other than removing the PTO from the transfer case? If not, do you remove the PTO from the transfer case by simply unbolting it, removing it and replacing it with an inspection plate or is there more to it? I'm hoping to get this transfer case installed this weekend.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
If you want to keep the PTO, you will need to modify or make your own transmission mount. Vintage PTO drives are not something usually taken into consideration these days.
but if you don't have a need for the PTO anymore, just unbolt it and install the cover plate.

OP
OP
T

Tuck73

Contributor
If you want to keep the PTO, you will need to modify or make your own transmission mount. Vintage PTO drives are not something usually taken into consideration these days.
but if you don't have a need for the PTO anymore, just unbolt it and install the cover plate.
Thanks. I’m just going to unbolt it and put an inspection plate on it.