• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

PU BulletProof Steering Rod End Brand?

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
Anyone know what brand of rod end that PU uses for their BulletProof Steering setup? FK, QA1, Aurora, other? Any recommendations on a brand? What brand does StoneCrusher supply with their steering setups? One of the rod ends on my PU draglink is bad. The bearing race is loose in the rod end housing. The ball is still tight in the teflon liner but that results in the bearing race rotating in the housing. It is also a little sloppy from the race being loose.

Gil
GDDYAP

honkey84

Loc.
ILL
I'm pretty sure that Bullet Proof steering has their's custom made for there steering systems. Antony's, I'm not sure where he gets his, but they are a nice item. When you buy the Stonecrusher steering you get all the ones you need for the system. You also get two extras!!!

68ford

Bronco Guru
alot of the brands have the same dimensions, like thread size and the bore through the ball. im sure you could use several brands, im using fk on all the steering and the track bar, they are all tight and have about 20k miles on them.