• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Puttin it together, and starting to look good!

Bradlee

I have put on some shocks inside of the frame instead of the oustside of the frame and i put the rear on "had fun with that", my dad put the rear brakes on their and i watched, lol. We have the brake lines on it and everthings doing great, and we got the front on it today, that was a hastle lol and we have the springs on on it and we got the gears fixed on it, that was fun and that is about most of things we have done so far, my dad is going to put some pictures of on here and it looks pretty good myself, but were making good progress with it, it's on its back wheels and im having a blast and learning at the same time.

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Progress is what I like to hear. Keep it up, July will be here before you know it.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Bradlee, you have a great ole man! I wish I had one when I was growing up and was able to learn from someone with experience instead of trial and error! Trial and error is spendy let me tell you 8-(

Keep up the good work!

Ben

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ben, if you had been a fly on the wall this weekend you might have been second guessing "experience" LOL, I was not on my "A" game this weekend, Bradlee got to see first hand why it's important to pay attention, like noticing that the race for the pinion bearing in the D44 is still on the bench after it's put together (meaning the setup race was still in the install). Pressing ball joints in upside down, Geez.....We got to do a few things a second time. LOL.

I posted pics here.........
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114960&page=2

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
Ben, if you had been a fly on the wall this weekend you might have been second guessing "experience" LOL, I was not on my "A" game this weekend, Bradlee got to see first hand why it's important to pay attention, like noticing that the race for the pinion bearing in the D44 is still on the bench after it's put together (meaning the setup race was still in the install). Pressing ball joints in upside down, Geez.....We got to do a few things a second time. LOL.

I posted pics here.........
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114960&page=2

Maybe you are just getting old and your mind is going. ;D:p j/k

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
We got to do a few things a second time. LOL.

W, don't worry...building these rigs is all about doing it a second and once in a while third time! If you seen the number of times I put my hydraboost unit in my rig and the frustration I went through before I was satisfied with it....well let's just say I am glad you did not witness that!:cool:

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Keep you head up at least your doing it together! I am hopeful that my daughter will take a mechanical interest when she is older. Might have to be pink like Tito's though, which would be OK with me. Right now, I get a kick out of kbldawgs boy Dylan, he's a hoot hanging around the shop.

Ben

YellowBronc

Bronco God

I call that practicing!%) ;D ;D ;D When the ball joints were put in upside down, you explain "See, this is what it looks like when installed wrong. Ok, let's take it apart and put it in right this time." ;D ;D ;D

We've all been there.

Ok, time to go look at the other thread for pictures.

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
Don't forget to put the grease in the rear ends....both of them.
Howie can tell ya about that....

and I know you're still a little ways from it, but
don't forget the fire extinguisher!!!!!!
Floyd can tell ya about that.....
and.....

If your co-pilot is 'left handed' and he tell you
hard left and nail it.......well, you might better
go hard RIGHT!