• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Quadrajet ?

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I do not know what Chuck uses but get on from a 350 chebby V-8. After rebuilding you will probably have to adjust the secondary air valve about 1/8 th of a turn to open quicker due to your 302's air consumption. I know Chuck has special modifications done on his carbs that may make it better in the extreme conditions but after doing 3 of these I have never needed them. Unless you have access to these carbs cheap and put in a quality kit his prices are not out of line.

jonylost

Loc.
Dallas, Tx
Pretty much a Q-jet is a Q-jet shell wise. If you ask for a 1970 cheby 1/2 ton PU with a 350 4bbl and your local parts pusher........you will get a q-jet. Chuck did some internal parts mods. Stiffer secondary springs and stuff like that. Great carb for crawling!!!!!!

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
[quote author=canadabronco link=board=5;threadid=9857;start=0#71258 date=1033824436]
Here's a silly question that may make me look stupid but.... here goes.

Who makes them? I see that people call some holley's q-jet's. As well as Edelbrock?? Then I see Rochester. I'm confused. :p
[/quote]

Rochester - AC Delco plant NY