• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Question for those with black diamond soft tops?

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
Is it difficult to keep this material clean? Will mud and dust stain it easily?

Thanks

Also does it stretch and fit like the vinyl?

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I have the Rampage black diamond material and I have had no problem keeping it clean from normal driving. I have not had it covered with mud but it seems like a nice tough material. It seems like it does not stretch as much as the vinyl on my Bestop.

Henry

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
I got to tell you, I absolutely love this top. I just took mine off this past weekend to reinstall the hard-top for the winter, and damn it disassembled so nicely. Really great quality with the rails, bars, and soft top material. I would agree the top washes very easily, however mine does leave a little shadow of where mud and dirt has been allowed to dry and cake on. It's not a big deal, but I think that's where you were going with your question.

Here's a general pic of the top. (note mine is a little lumpy as my family cage protrudes in some areas):

IMG_0537web_zpse3f59c63.jpg

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
I even have the WHITE diamond top and it is still clean as new.... but mine is garage kept and I have not gotten mud on it yet.

Greg

PaveBronco

IMG_0537web_zpse3f59c63.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Looked in your Garage, that’s one nice clean Bronco, really well put together.

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
Thanks!

The unimpressive Sahara Beige color leads people to think the rig looks like crap, then they're always surprised when they take a closer look ;)

OP
OP
4x4man514

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
That is a really slick bronco.

I don't plan on doing a lot of hardcore off roading , mostly just hunting. I just know I can be a little lazy about rinsing mine off. I just wanted to make sure it didn't stain too bad. You said it did leave a shadow, that's kinda what I was worried about.