• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Radiator/fan shroud help

bronco italiano

Bronco Guru
I have searched the board a bit and am still a little unsure.

old type 302 to be updated with: explorer serp, Old Air A/C unit, DUI distributor and Q-Jet
Has WH F-100 pwr steering gear

Current radiator is copper/brass with driver top and passenger lower with no shroud (This is my opportunity to make it correct)

-Does anyone make a copper/brass radiator that will fit the steering gear mount type and allow for proper inlet/outlet for the explorer serp?

How about the shroud? Is full circle that much better for cooling with A/C?

Thanks, BI

OP
OP
B

bronco italiano

Bronco Guru
been doing more searching.
-I am gonna check with WH on their copper-brass and see if they can get it in reversed outlets.
-There is a place in Northridge I am gonna also call.

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
I used an Explorer 4.0 manual transmission radiator. You have to Fab mounts for it, but it works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Need a shroud still you can get a pretty slick alum universal one that you can trim to fit from Speedway. Much cheaper than Summit for the one I needed anyway.

Yes, full shroud pulls a LOT more air and is worth it.